I am looking for the top 5-10 tourist landmark destinations in the world that are NOT in major cities
We used three lists (TripAdvisor, Traveller.com and CBS News) of the most popular tourist attractions that were compiled in the last 24 months in order to provide a list of the top ten tourist landmark destinations in the world that are not situated in major cities. We've defined top destinations as the most popular destinations. For each, we provide details on the number of tourists annually, the location, and links to any recent (past 6 months) press coverage. The research has been compiled into a slide presentation that includes 2 images of the location and the above specified details about each landmark.
The most popular tourist landmarks that are not situated in major cities are:
1. Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia
2. Taj Mahal in Agra, India
3. Great Wall at Mutianyu, China
4. Machu Picchu in Machu Picchu, Peru
5. Banff National Park, Canada
6. Acropolis near Athens, Greece
7. Niagara Falls, United States
8. Blue Lagoon, Iceland
9. Petra in Wadi Musa, Jordan
10. The Alhambra near Granada, Spain
The complete presentation has been attached to this overview.