List of Resources for Minority Founders
List of 20 resources for minority founders are Black Founders, Notion, The Female Innovators Lab by Barclays and Anthemis, Female Founders Alliance, Techstars Foundation, RUNWAY, Verticle404, DivInc Accelerator, Cartier Women's Initiative, Minority Venture Partners, Inc., Halogen Ventures, Women's VC Fund II, 1863 Fund, Astia, Backstage Capital, Bumble Fund, All Raise, Envision Accelerator, Halo Incubator and Digital Undivided.
- Founded in 2011, Black Founders empowers entrepreneurs and provides founders with mentorship, funding and advice. The organization aims to increase the number of successful black entrepreneurs in technology and create global programs that empower entrepreneurs, encourage creativity, and enable us to share resources and knowledge.
- Black Founders' goal is to build an environment that encourages tech entrepreneurship and promotes economic development in the community.
- Programs offered by Black Founders include events, HBCU hackathons and conferences.
- The organization is located in San Francisco, California, United States.
- Notion, an application that provides components such as notes, databases, kanban boards, wikis, calendars and reminders in collaboration with other companies launched the #TechforBlackFounders initiative. The initiative provides Black founders with software to capture and act on customer data to accelerate their growth.
- To be eligible for the discounts, the companies must be led by at least one Black founder, raised over $30 million in VC and have less than 150 employees.
- Notion is based in San Francisco, California, United States.
The Female Innovators Lab by Barclays and Anthemis
- The Female Innovators Lab by Barclays and Anthemis dedicated to investing in female fintech founders in pre-seed and seed stage. The Lab's objective is to identify female founders in the early stages of their careers and connect them with the resources and mentorship they need to grow their businesses and raise their first round of funding.
- Once established, Barclays will provide co-working space where they will have unparalleled access to mentoring and networking opportunities from the world-class FinTech hub.
- The Female Innovators Lab is located in New York City, New York, United States.
Female Founders Alliance
- Female Founders Alliance is a private community of over 20,000 women and non-binary founders, investors, partners and startup allies dedicated to accelerating the success of venture scalable startups founded by women. The organization was dubbed "The Y Combinator for female founders" by TechCrunch.
- Programs provided by the organization include access to investors and a startup accelerator program.
- Female Founders is located in Seattle, Washington, United States.
- Techstars Foundation which is the nonprofit organization of Techstars aims to increase the representation of minority tech founders by providing opportunities through grants, scholarships and sponsorship.
- "Since 2015, the Techstars Foundation has invested more than $1 million and helped 30 nonprofits deliver scalable impact for entrepreneurs from underrepresented communities."
- The organization is located in Boulder, Colorado, United States
- RUNWAY is a financial innovation company dedicated to breaking down structural barriers and reimagining financial policies and practices. RUNWAY's "mission is to advance resiliency for Black businesses and the communities they serve by building emergent financial practices and infrastructure that close the racial wealth gap for good."
- RUNWAY provides Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) entrepreneurs with early-stage funding and holistic business support and innovative financial products and partnerships to bridge the racial wealth gap for African-Americans and their local communities. The organization provides affordable funding, weekly coaching and a thriving community of support consisting of other entrepreneurs and people color in the portfolio.
- RUNWAY is located in Washington DC, U.S.
- Vertical404 is dedicated to providing education, mentorship, network, and capital for Black, Latinx and women founders to lead successful startups. The company is focused on investing in underrepresented founders who are focused on advancing the future of work, health, finance and media.
- Programs offered by the company include Pre-Seed Venture Fund, Accelerator program and Education programs.
- Vertical404 is located in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
- DivInc is a non-profit organization that is dedicating to breaching the gap between underrepresented entrepreneurs and the resources they need to build profitable, scalable companies. The organization's mission "is to empower people of color and women entrepreneurs and help them build successful high growth businesses by providing them with access to education, mentorship, and vital networks."
- DivInc provides a 12-week startup accelerator program that fosters a culture of encouragement and equips diverse entrepreneurs with the skills they need to build outstanding businesses, create jobs, and contribute to strong economic development.
- Since its inception, DivInc has provided 64 founders and 49 tech and tech enabled companies with critical strategies to succeed and grow their startups.
- The organization is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has another location in Houston.
Cartier Women's Initiative
- Founded in 2006, the Cartier Women's Initiative is an annual international entrepreneurship program for women-run and women-owned businesses that aim to have a strong and sustainable social/environmental impact.
- The organization's mission "mission is to shine a light on women impact entrepreneurs and provide them with the necessary financial, social and human capital support to grow their business and build their leadership skills."
- Since its inception, Cartier has awarded over $3 million to female entrepreneurs.
- Cartier Women's Initiative is headquartered in Paris, France but is open to women entrepreneurs worldwide.
Minority Venture Partners, Inc.
- Minority Venture Partners, Inc. is dedicated to accelerating product development for minority and women-led tech startups. The organization's mission is to "increase tech participation of local founders from historically disadvantaged communities."
- The organization provides a collaborative environment where minority/women-owned business enterprise tech founders can be mentored by seasoned entrepreneurs and professionals. Through these collaborations, MVP offers office space, access to university talents, networking, tech innovations, business education, hands-on mentoring, and infront strategies.
- MVP is located in New York, New York, United States.
- Founded in 2017, Halogen Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on investing in early-stage consumer technologies female-founded firm. Halogen Ventures invests in pre-seed, seed and Series A companies creating groundbreaking technologies and products in the consumer, media, entertainment, marketing and public relations spaces.
- The company provides female-founded startups with networking opportunities, brand exposure, talent hires, acquisition or IPO paths and follow-on rounds raising.
- Halogen Ventures is located in Los Angeles, California.
Women's VC Fund II
- Women Venture Capital Fund invests in early-stage women entrepreneurs and their revenue-generating businesses and showing that gender diversity is key to success in business.
- The company invests in three sectors: Enterprise SaaS, consumer internet, and educational technology.
- The company is located in Portland, Oregon, United States.
- 1863 Fund is an alternative financing model for black, brown & women-owned companies. The firm invests in companies that are at least 50% Black-owned, members of 1836 Ventures, and firms with YTD revenue for at least two years.
- The company helps catalyze startups growths by providing the companies with marketing, sales, fundraising, finance and accounting, product, and operations.
- The company is located in Washington, DC, United States.
- Founded in 1999, Astia is a global organization that advises, partners and invests in high-growth companies with women leaders, following their successful completion of its Expert Sift process. Astia provides startups with the capital and networks required to succeed through Astia Angels, Astia Fund and Astia Edge.
- Astia Edge invests in exceptional seed-stage companies led by Black and LatinX women through an evergreen fund backed by Astia Corporate Partners.
- The company has been involved in over 127 investments, eight exists, directly invested $27 million and $450 million in syndicate.
- Astia is located in San Francisco, California, United States.
- Founded in 2015, Backstage Capital is a venture capital fund that invests in companies led by underrepresented founders, including women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ founders.
- Backstage Capital has invested in over 170 companies led by underrepresented founders.
- The company is located in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Bumble Fund is an investment arm of Bumble that seeks to invest in women founders. Bumble Fund invests in early-stage startups founded and led by women of color and those from underrepresented groups.
- The fund targets companies solving a problem that disproportionately affects women, and provides an average check of $25-50k with flexibility depending on the needs of the business.
- The company is located in Austin, Texas, United States.
- Founded in 2017, All Raise is a nonprofit venture capital dedicated to accelerating the success of female founders and funders and increase gender diversity and equity in the tech industry.
- The company provides founders with expert advice, guidance, and support from the industry's top female founders and venture capitalists. Offers a unique opportunity to practice pitch, hone business model, and get real-time insights from women who have been on both sides of the table.
- All Raise is located in San Francisco, California, United States.
- Envision Accelerator is a 10-week cohort-based approach to helping founders get to the next stage of their businesses. Envision is committed to providing resources for young, underrepresented founders including Black, Latinx, Women and Non-Binary individuals.
- The company's "goal is to foster an ecosystem of founders, investors, and operators that support diverse founders at the beginning of their entrepreneurial journeys."
- Envision provides hands-on workshops, targeted mentorship, funding opportunities, software discounts to help founders succeed.
- Envision is a virtual accelerator.
- Halo Incubator is a 7-week incubator program devoted exclusively to early-stage women founders. The company is solely "committed to helping women solidify business plans, shape strategies, and raise capital while amplifying their voices along the way."
- Halo provides corporate workshops to empower founders to succeed in the business space. The Halo team works with employees of leading companies to explore new ways of addressing topics such as go-to-market strategy and customer discovery, product design for non-technical founders, branding including PR, sales techniques for B2C and B2B, public speaking/pitching and building early-stage teams.
- The company is located in New York, United States.
- Digital Undivided BIG Pre-Accelerator program is a fast-paced pre-accelerator program for high-potential, Black and Latinx women-led startups. The programs provide female founders with a networking opportunity, education in the startup space, and mentoring.
- The company also offers another program, The Do You Fellowship which is a 12-month fellowship program providing promising Black and Latinx female founders and innovators with access to resources and mentorship, professional development, business development, and opportunities to connect and collaborate with a powerful community of founders at the top of their industries.
- Each fellow of The Do You Fellowship will receive a $5,000 cash investment, $75,000 value in exclusive coaching and services, workshops and digital programming resources.
- Digital Undivided locations are in Newark, New Jersey and Chicago.