List of Research Done on Rwanda and East Africa
Examples of books/research studies that covered the Hutu, Tutsi, and Twa tribes, Bantu migration, and/or prehistory of East Africa include “Société, Culture et Pouvoir Politique en Afrique Interlacustre: Hutu et Tutsi de L'ancien Rwanda,” “La question de L'ethnicité au Rwanda: Idéologie Raciste et Pouvoir,” “Ethnic Ambiguity and the African Past,” “History of Rwanda,” and “The Prehistory of East Africa.”
Société, Culture et Pouvoir Politique en Afrique Interlacustre: Hutu et Tutsi de L'ancien Rwanda
- “Society, Culture, and Political Power in Interlacustrine Africa: Hutu and Tutsi of Ancient Rwanda” (translated) focused on how the African Great Lakes region populated over time and the development of social classes of the Hutu and Tutsi tribes.
- The author of the book is Patient Kanyamachumbi.
- The book was published by Kinshasa: Editions Select in 1995.
La question de L'ethnicité au Rwanda: Idéologie Raciste et Pouvoir
- “The Question of Ethnicity in Rwanda: Racist Ideology and Power” (translated) focused on why decades of conflicts between the Hutu, Tutsi, and Twa groups were caused by the racist ideology that originated during the time of colonization.
- The author of the book is Jean-Marie Vianney Rurangwa.
- The book was published by Presses Académiques Francophones in 2014.
Ethnic Ambiguity and the African Past
- “Ethnic Ambiguity and the African Past” was edited by Francois G Richard and Kevin C MacDonald, and published by Routledge in 2016.
- Chapter eight of the book focused on the “political and theoretical problems for the archaeological identification of precolonial Twa, Tutsi, and Hutu in Rwanda.”
- Chapter nine focused on the “ethnicity, archaeological ceramics, and changing paradigms in East African archaeology.”
History of Rwanda: From the Beginning to the End of the Twentieth Century History of Rwanda
- “History of Rwanda” was written by Déo Byanafashe and Paul Rutayisire, and published by the National Unity and Reconciliation Commission in 2016.
- The research paper has provided information on the Bantu migration, such as the migration routes and expansion of the Bantu languages.
- The report also covered the socio-cultural history of the Twa, Tutsi, and Hutu tribes, from their origins up to issues in the twentieth century.
- The original French version can be access via this link.
The Prehistory of East Africa
- “The Prehistory of East Africa” summarized the archaeological knowledge of East Africa, covering the region in the modern political sense and also the Horn of Africa and Sudan.
- The author of the book is Sonia Cole.
- The book was published by Pelican in 1954.