Lead Generation Landing Pages
Some of the biggest trends for lead generation websites include the use of chatbots, the personalization of content, and the use of videos. In fact, some of the most important features that landing pages need to focus on include the personalization of CTAs and incorporating lead forms to properly measure the performance of the website. However, a lot of landing pages have a big problem with conversion rates due to insufficient tests and too few landing pages per offer.
Trends in Lead Generation Websites
The use of chatbots
- Incorporating and using chatbots in website lead generation can be extremely beneficial as it provides continuous support and consistent customer service.
- According to a report by Chatbots3, "66% of millennials and 58% of Baby Boomers consider 24-hour support to be an important benefit."
- Such a session is a key moment in the relationship between a company and a customer. It shows "that the customer is invested enough in the brand to reach out directly."
- In fact, several analysts have noted that the incorporation of AI to chatbots can further increase their effectiveness by driving more personalized content, which will help to increase lead generation for websites.
- Codewave Technologies has noted that the use of chatbots has allowed them to generate 50% more leads through their website.
- Personalization is already heavily used in B2C marketing, especially through social media targeting but it also has the potential to improve lead generation for many websites.
- According to Ascend2’s Lead Generation quality survey, personalization is one of the most impactful lead generation strategies.
- In fact, 60% of marketers believe that personalization a key strategy for increasing the chance to generate more quality leads that will turn to customers later on.
- The best way to do that is to create highly-targeted content and personalized lead generation forms to maximize conversions.
- Mogul Lead Generation partnered with a North American SaaS start-up to increase their conversion rates by employing a more personalized approach to the company's lead generation efforts. The start-up increased their "close rate by 17%, shortened their sales cycle by 3 weeks, and increased their total revenue by 800%."
The use of videos
- Video content will account for 82% of the total internet traffic by the end of 2022.
- Creating and incorporating long-form videos in lead generation has shown that it has the power to create brand affinity and increase the generation of leads.
- Some companies have also started creating specific sales videos with information that is crucial for the lead generation.
- Companies like MultiVision Digital and People First Planning have already showcased that creating video content that shows the process and capabilities of a company can positively impact lead generation.
- The most important attribute of a video, however, is that it allows the customers to understand that they are dealing with real people, not just salesmen on a cold call. This could potentially increase the lead generation of a website as people will feel more connected to the team on the other side.
Trends in Branding Websites
- A lot of modern websites focus on providing a smooth, uninterrupted, and engaging UX experience.
- In fact, a website's UI has started incorporating things like voice-enabled interfaces, image captions, and video transcriptions to facilitate the user experience even further.
- The implementation of such features has been rendered even easier with the incorporation of machine learning, as it is easier for application developers because they don’t have to work with user data processing.
- Machine learning can improve personalization, gather data more effectively, make interactivity easier to handle, and allow for better customer interactions.
- It also allows for better privacy as it does not interact with data servers.
- Some examples of websites that have incorporated machine learning into their website operations include Pinterest, which uses machine learning for moderating spam and making content discovery easier, and Twitter, which uses machine learning to improve its suggestion algorithm.
- A lot of websites tend to include a lot of information on their branding websites in order to generate more leads through search engines like Google. However, more information on a website does not necessarily translate into increased conversion rates or higher revenue.
- Too much text and information on sites can be overwhelming for customers and can even slow down a browser, leading to an unpleasant experience for the potential customer.
- As such, there has been a move towards a more minimalistic approach to information on brand websites, featuring a lot of white spaces in between paragraphs to allow users to be able to notice the more important aspects of a brand's offering.
- According to Lewis Goldstein, a long-time consultant to Bentley, Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini, "websites with white space allow different elements to breathe, are easier to navigate and present a better user experience."
- A recent example of the use of white spaces is Myles Nguyen, who used a minimalistic approach for its website to put a focus on its projects and expertise.
Lead Generation Landing Pages Best Practices
- CTAs are a tool that directs visitors the next steps in the lead generation process. Common CTAs include "Free Trial," "Schedule a Demo," "Buy Now," or "Learn More."
- It is important to create multiple CTAs that lead to the different parts of the buying funnel. However, it is also crucial to have one primary CTA that leads people to the main offering of the website.
- For that, it is important that the CTA buttons are very visible, featuring vibrant and contrasting colors.
- Adding a personalized touch to the landing page and the CTA could also help in increasing conversion rates. In fact, "personalized calls-to-action convert 42% more visitors than basic calls-to-action."
- Some examples of a great personalized CTA include Grey Goose and TreeHouse, both addressing the visitors directly and employing unique wording to further entice the users to keep engaging with the website.
- It is also important to remember that customers mostly prefer non-invasive approaches, which means that using a subscription-type CTA or a free trial can help a lot in improving the customer's personal experience on the landing page and increase the chances of conversion.
Measuring the performance of the lead generator website by incorporating lead forms
- Incorporating a lead generation form is very important for businesses as it allows them to collect all the information that customers opt to share.
- Embedding lead generation forms directly on the website makes it easy for visitors to convert into leads.
- Companies can also try incorporating different types of lead generation forms to see which one has a better conversion rate.
- For instance, OfficeVibe and American Songwriter use a landing form at the end of their website, encouraging people to subscribe after they have gone through all of their offerings, while AdmitHub has embedded their landing form as a Demo request, which would allow them to understand their customer's request better while also collecting their contact information.
Pain Points for Landing pages
Testing landing pages
- Many landing pages have problems with conversion rates, which is why it is important to always run A/B testing to be able to identify the problem.
- When companies ran 50% more tests, companies saw a significant increase in ROI.
- In fact, A/B testing is the most used method for improving conversion rates as it can increase the conversion rate and ROI of a company by 300% if used correctly.
- Unfortunately, 61% of companies run less than five landing page tests per month while 48% of companies do not even test their landing pages to improve conversions
- Moreover, over "20% of businesses have reported that they do not have an effective strategy for landing page testing."
- In fact, testing landing pages is one of the biggest challenges faced by B2B marketers.
Not creating enough landing pages
- According to a study by Marketing Experiments, over 62% of B2B businesses have reported that they use less than six landing pages.
- However, using more landing pages increases the number of conversions a website generates with companies using over 40 landing pages generating over 12 times more conversions than those that only run 5 landing pages or less.
- Moreover, companies see a 55% increase in lead generation when using 15 landing pages instead of 10.
- Unfortunately, only "48% of marketers build a new landing page for each marketing campaign."
- In fact, to save money, a majority of the marketers include multiple offers in the same landing page, which drastically decreases conversion rates.
The listed trends, best practices, and pain points/challenges were determined by leveraging several industry reports and trusted media articles, including Hubspot, Inc, Shopify, Forbes, and WebFx. For the branding website trends, we assumed that by branding websites, we are looking at websites that are made specifically for individual brands. As such, we focused our efforts on finding the most common trends in website design that can most enhance a brand's image and profile.