Best Practices, Website Lead Generation
The top five best practices for converting B2B prospects into strong sales leads via a website include content marketing, optimizing the landing page, ensuring that prospects have access to customer or sales support, incorporating lead flows, and having a simple user experience. Content marketing is executed by providing useful content to prospects in exchange for their contact information. In addition, optimizing the landing pages enables prospects to easily find the information they need and provide their details.
- Providing educational and helpful content to prospects is a useful strategy for converting prospects into strong leads.
- Approximately 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing.
- In addition, 37% of B2B marketers have a content marketing strategy in place.
- Content marketing is an effective lead generation strategy since it enables businesses to build relationships with prospects.
- Content helps businesses to attract interested prospects, pitch to them, convert them into strong leads, and eventually lead them to purchase a product or service.
- Educational content can be offered in exchange for a prospect’s contact information. In this case, a strong call to action should be used so that visitors can fill in their information before accessing the content.
OPTIMIZING LANDING PAGES
- Landing pages that are simplified and optimized can contribute to a better user experience and strong leads.
- Marketing campaigns that have between 10 and 15 landing pages can result in a 55% increase in leads.
- It is important to monitor and optimize the forms used landing pages to ensure that no leads are left behind.
- Approximately 46% of marketers believe that the layout of a form has a significant impact on conversion rates.
- The landing page should have a clear value proposition and user testimonials.
- Landing pages should be simple and direct so that prospects can easily provide their details and access useful information.
ACCESS TO CUSTOMER/SALES SUPPORT
- Ensuring that prospects get direct access to the support team in case they have any queries can convert them into strong leads.
- One way of having efficient customer support is by incorporating live chat into the website. Live chat enables prospects to contact the company directly and have their questions answered in real time.
- More than 30% of website visitors expect a live chat feature.
- Approximately 77% of customers are less likely to make a purchase if a website does not have a live chat option.
- In addition to live chat, a contact number should be provided on the website so that prospects can speak to the sales team on phone if they need further clarification on a product or service.
- An efficient customer support and sales team will ensure that no leads are lost due to lack of clarification or misunderstandings about a product or service.
INCORPORATING LEAD FLOWS
- Incorporating slide-in CTAs or lead flows is a best lead generation practice when designing a website.
- The CTAs "slide in" the web page after certain parameters have been met. An example of a parameter could be if a prospect scrolls halfway through a page.
- Approximately 23,386 live websites are currently using lead flows.
- Lead flows can increase lead conversion rates by up to 50 percent.
- The feature is useful in capturing the attention of prospects on the website who might have been distracted or side-tracked by something else.
SIMPLE USER EXPERIENCE
- A simplified user experience on the website is considered best practice as it helps prospects to easily find the services or products they need.
- Approximately 52% of online prospects note that a poor mobile experience will make them not engage with a company.
- Moreover, 48% of users are disappointed whenever a website is not optimized for mobile.
- All CTAs should be clear and simple.
- Simplifying the site map can improve the overall experience of a prospect. The website should not have many pages that describe the business. Instead, it should be more focused on how the customer can benefit from the business and provide useful information.
- Landing pages should be constantly analyzed so that only relevant information is included. Forms should be kept at a minimum to make the process simple.
To find the top five best practices, we looked through industry sites and media platforms, such as Forbes, Business2Business Community, and Venture Harbour. We looked at the best practices that were relative to B2B. We then selected the five best practices that were mentioned the most out of all the sources we reviewed and included them in the findings section.