Lead Generation Best Practices
For better ROI from a lead generation campaign, a marketing consultancy should first define the target audience, use live chats, and create interactive content. Below is a detailed overview of the best practices. The findings can also be found in this Google document.
Define your Audience
- A consultancy should create high-quality content that resonates with its client's audience. By defining the audience, it is easier to understand their needs and pain points, and ultimately convert them from mere visitors to leads.
- Understanding the audience enables a consultancy to offer personalized content that address the specific needs of its clients. Research shows that 48% of businesses are more likely to buy personalized content that address their specific business needs.
- In addition, research shows that 81% of businesses are willing to pay a premium for industry-specific solutions and experience.
- Defining the audience starts by creating the right buyer persona for the target audience buying cycles. This way, you are able to offer products that address their specific business needs.
- Live chat has become a great way for businesses to engage with their customers when their visit their websites.
- Businesses use live chats to guide customers, answer their questions and address their specific needs.
- A recent study indicated that 44% of online customers consider live chats as one of the crucial features on a website.
- The use of live chats steps from the fact that today's consumers want faster response, quick resolution, and exceptional personalized customer service.
- Live chats help a business improve its conversion rates, collect contact details from clients, and boost engagement with customers.
- A recent survey by eMarketer indicated that 38% of online shoppers buy products because of the live chat. In addition, 63% of customers who engaged in a live chat said they were more likely to visit the website again.
Create Interactive Content
- Interactive content is full of fun and helps to engage the user. It enables a business to collect contact details from customers and in return offer them with real value.
- Customers are willing to give out their contact details because they get something in return.
- Interactive content stimulates engagement and prompts a customer to react. There are different types of interactive content like surveys, polls, live chats, games, contests, calculators, assessments, animated infographics, interactive video, interactive white papers, and e-books.
- In a recent survey by Content Marketing Institute (CMI), 87 percent of respondents said that interactive content grabs attention. Up to 73 percent said that it improves retention of branding and 77 percent said that it provides improved value through multiple engagements resulting in repeat visitors.
- From the CMI study, 46 percent of respondents said they have used some type of interactive content in their marketing mix.
We managed to get best practices for lead generation for consultancies from pre-compiled sources. For this question, we mainly surveyed digital marketing platforms like Acquire, Hubspot, and Business2Community.com. From our search, we mainly got sources that talked about B2B marketing, in which many consultancies fall. For the best practices, we selected those that are backed by research studies. These studies confirm the success rate of applying these practices.