Hollandia's website has a modern layout and dynamic images that engage visitors. The website gives the overall impression that Hollandia is an experienced and reliable company with respect to landscape design, installation and maintenance. In addition, our research revealed that Hollandia's website is a new and improved version that was launched in November 2018.
Please see below highlights from our research findings and approach to this research. All other details found are provided in column D and rows 2 to 43 of the attached spreadsheet. Additionally, in the attached document, we have provided screenshots of the required company pages from the website.
- Hollandia maintains a friendly and engaging tone across its website, social media and digital media channels.
- The tagline on Hollandia's website is "West Michigan’s choice for world-class landscape design, installation, and maintenance."
- On Houzz, Hollandia's tagline is "Landscape architects and designers."
- Overall, the website emphasizes Hollandia's claim to being leaders in "landscape design, installation, and maintenance."
- Hollandia is also positioned as a faith based organization; this is included in its mission statement on the website and Facebook page.
- The website has a clear, modern and dynamic design layout with a video playing in the background depicting workers engaged in landscaping activities and a Hollandia branded heavy-duty truck.
- The website has a video playing in the background, additionally, images on the website are a mix of static and action shots. Therefore, the website has a good dynamic impact.
- On Facebook, there are more static images compared to action images. However, all the pictures are authentic and relevant.
Social Media Analysis
- Hollandia's use of social media as measured by the number of Facebook likes (531) and LinkedIn followers (18) is low. Also, in terms of the frequency of posting and level of engagement, Hollandia does not frequently post to its social media channels. On Facebook, Hollandia's last post was in November 2018, announcing its new website.
- The company website has links to its Facebook and Houzz pages.
- Additionally, a reader can highlight sections of the blog post on their website and post the highlighted portion or whole article to Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn.
In order to provide this company analysis for Hollandia, we started our search from the company website as provided. We subsequently used the links on the website to visit their Facebook and Houzz accounts. However, there was no Twitter link on the website. In order to categorically confirm whether Hollandia had a Twitter account or not, we searched directly on the platform. This search led us to the tweets by 2 Fish Company after they designed Hollandia's new website in November 2018. Apart from this instance, we did not find any other evidence of Hollandia on Twitter. We also went to LinkedIn in order to determine if Hollandia had an account or not. Our search revealed a LinkedIn account which we have also included here.
In order to locate information about print adverts, we looked at the images on Hollandia's website and social media accounts. Our rationale is that companies sometimes post images of past print adverting campaigns to their websites or social media. However, even though we found several cover pages on Facebook, we could not find these images in any other advertising industry sources leading us to conclude they are covers designed specifically for Facebook and not print media.
Subsequently, we searched in advertising industry databases such as Adforum and oaaa.org. Once again this search was futile and we could not locate any print adverts that had been run by Hollandia. As a last resort, we went to the websites of landscaping print or online magazines in the United States and searched through them for adverts placed by Hollandia. Sources visited during this search include Houzz and Lawn & Landscape. Once again, this search was futile leading us to conclude that the information was not publicly available.