Plumbing Companies with Sustainable Goals
We found ten high-end plumbing fixture-producing companies that also commit to sustainability practices. These ten companies are Grohe, Gerber, Sloan, Dornbracht, Delta, Duravit, TOTO, Franke, T&S Brass, and Pfister.
- Grohe produces high-end sinks, faucets, and other fixtures for bathrooms, kitchens, and showers and sells them in the United States.
- Grohe's EcoJoy line offers 68% in water savings. Their blue line can transform a kitchen sink into cool tap water or sparkling water.
- Grohe promises to protect water for future generations. Their sanitary technology helps use 50% less water.
- Grohe has faucets that cost more than $300 USD.
- Gerber produces high-end sinks, and faucets for bathrooms, kitchens, and commercial uses and sells them in the United States.
- Their sustainability begins with their ecological manufacturing processes. They produce highly-efficient products.
- Gerber is a WaterSense partner that worked closely with the program to produce the performance guidelines. They believe the sustainable approach leads to higher quality standards and performance that future generations can count on.
- Gerber has faucets that cost more than $300 USD.
- Sloan produces high-end faucets, sinks, flushometers, and fixtures and sells them in the United States.
- Sloan produces green products that are high-quality and very reliable.
- The company considers water to be highly important to life and has built their company committed to the environment.
- Their website offers a sustainability calculator and rebate finder for customers.
- Sloan has faucets that cost more than $300 USD.
- Delta produces high-end bathroom fixtures including faucets and sells them in the United States.
- Delta has products that are WaterSense-labeled that take sustainability into consideration. These products can help increase efficiency and save money.
- Delta also partners with USGBC to produce sustainable buildings.
- Delta has faucets that cost more than $300 USD.
- Dornbracht produces high-end fixtures including faucets for the bathroom, kitchen, and spa and sells them in the United States.
- Dornbracht strives to promote sustainability in the workplace as an interaction between employees that trickles down into the manufacturing process.
- Dornbracht uses fittings that are 100% recyclable and uses designs that reduce liquid spillage.
- This company also participates in the WELL—Water Efficiency Label to make more efficient use of drinking water.
- Dornbracht has faucets that cost more than $300 USD.
- Duravit produces high-end washbasins, bathroom furniture, toilets, bidets, shower toilets, and bathtubs and sells them in the United States.
- Duravit commits to sustainability in their product development process. They focus on water-saving and energy-efficient solutions.
- Their materials and resources are purchased only after verification of meeting ecological and economical requirements.
- They are also highly involved in recycling products back into the production cycle.
- Duravit has faucets that cost more than $300 USD.
- TOTO produces high-end toilets, washlets, seats, neorests, faucets, commercial faucets, showers, baths, bidets, and lavatories and sells them in the United States.
- TOTO states that they respect the environment and are committed to preserving the environment for future generations.
- They strive to conserve water, prevent global warming, contribute to local communities, conserve natural resources, keep the Earth clean, and conserve biodiversity.
- TOTO has faucets that cost more than $300 USD.
- Franke produces high-end designed coffee systems, kitchen systems, faber hoods and cooking systems, foodservice systems, and water systems and sells them in the United States.
- This company has created their products for over 100 years and also make tailor-made products.
- Franke strives to create products with long-term added value for customers and society while using the least amount of resources as possible.
- In the company's sustainability report, they had a 7.3% reduction in CO2 emissions between 2018 and 2017.
- Their company seeks to improve energy efficiency in their buildings with efficient light bulbs, air compressors, and waste management.
- Their social responsibility stems from their values: "Enable people," "Foster teamwork," "Act entrepreneurial," "Deliver solutions," and "Be accountable."
- Franke has faucets that cost more than $300 USD.
9. T&S BRASS
- T&S Brass manufactures high-end designed faucets, fittings, and specialty products and sells them in the United States. Their products are known for being well-built, long-lasting, and reliable.
- The company notes that they have always produced high-efficiency products and that their mission is to manufacture their products to save natural and financial resources for their customers.
- T&S has partnered with USGBC and the EPA to raise awareness of water conservation, increase education, and conserve resources.
- T&S has faucets that cost more than $300 USD
- Pfister has created plumbing fixtures for over 100 years. Their company markets their high-end products as built with the consumer in mind and sells them in the United States.
- Pfister claims that they are both faucet- and water-friendly, indicating they take sustainability seriously. They develop WaterSense faucets that work to reduce water consumption. Many of their products meet or exceed CALGreen criteria which are focused on reducing the use of potable water within buildings.
- Their faucets also meet the California Energy Commission's standards for water appliances.
- Pfister has faucets that cost more than $300 USD.
To determine that these companies produced high-end products similar to Moen, we searched for the key term "high-end" in product descriptions. All of these companies' products are available on Amazon, on their company website, and other home improvement stores, all of which described the products using the term "high-end." To further identify the similarities between the companies listed and Moen's products, we compared faucet prices. All the faucets were in the same price range. However, high-end was not designated by a specific price range, so we took faucets over $300 to indicate high-end. All the faucets from the ten companies and Moen offered faucets above that price. A quick search on Amazon finds that high-end kitchen faucets can range from $50 to $500 USD.