Target Consumers Lawn Mower Industry
Some of the target consumers for the lawn mower industry are golf course clubs, landscaping companies, and municipalities.
Golf Course Clubs
- Golf course clubs are among the key target customers for the lawn mower industry. A typical golf course must be mowed frequently to maintain the recommended grass height. Normally, golf course grass is mowed daily and sometimes more than once in a day.
- On a usual morning, workers responsible for maintaining the golf course mow enough turf to cover over 25 football fields. Thus, they use lawn mowers to satisfy this demand according to the set standards. Considering that lawn mowing is a frequent exercise amid the growing number of golf courses, demand for lawn mowers among this consumer group remains high.
- Golf course clubs often purchase reel mowers. The mowers cut grass by trapping it between the reel edge and the bed knife, leaving a scissor-like cut. Reel mowers are preferred in the golf courses because they leave an even surface. The mowers can also adjust the cutting speed depending on the mowing conditions.
- Reel mowers are preferred because they are friendlier to the turf, since the grass is not injured during the mowing process. They also come with the option of installing a roller that neatly lays the grass flat during mowing. Depending on the model type, reel mowers have between three and seven blades.
- Increased focus on outdoor landscaping has turned landscaping companies into target customers for the lawn mowing industry. Landscaping companies offer a wide variety of services, including lawn maintenance. Thus, they need reliable lawn mowers considering that they deal with different customers with varying types of lawns and grass.
- Landscaping companies are also likely to use lawn mowers daily as part of their service delivery. In this regard, they need commercial lawn mowers that can work on all terrains. To ensure customer satisfaction, the mowers used must guarantee high performance.
- Thus, landscaping companies go for robotic lawn mowers because they are time-saving, particularly for firms affected by the labor shortage being experienced in the industry. Robotic mowers can also run at any time of the day and are waterproof.
- Robotic mowers can save anywhere from two to four man-hours per task, which helps landscaping companies to keep operating costs down. They also require less maintenance because they are battery-powered with brushless motors and lithium batteries.
- Municipalities are another key target consumer of the lawn mower industry. In most jurisdictions, municipalities are responsible for maintaining public facilities such as parks, schools, and sports fields. Research shows that lawn mowers’ use for this function is widespread, a situation likely to drive the market further.
- With numerous parks, boulevards, and green spaces, public spaces have a lot of grass that must be mowed based on necessity. The goal is to maintain the public facilities at a safe and aesthetically pleasing condition for the public. To achieve this, municipalities need lawn mowers.
- Municipalities often use electric lawn mowers because they are easier to use. They also require low purchase and maintenance costs. Municipalities also need flexible machines that can maintain different lawn formats depending on the surface needs.