Wellness Influencers: North America
Michelle Lewin, Massy Arias, Deepak Chopra, Camille Leblanc, and Katya Elise Henry are among the most popular health and wellness social media influencers in North America
- Michelle Lewin has 13.5 million followers on Instagram, 8,466,269 followers on Facebook, and 468k on Twitter.
- Based in South Florida, Michelle Lewin is a successful personality in the fitness industry. She grew up in Venezuela, and as a teenager, she was always passionate about "fitness, bodybuilding, and overall physical health care."
- While in Venezuela, she used to work in a local clinic. She focused her career on bodybuilding and fitness after moving to the United States in 2012 with her husband, Jimmy Lewin, a Swedish bodybuilder. Her prowess has gained her global recognition and has featured in more than 30 magazine covers.
- Based in Los Angeles, Massy Arias has 2.6 million followers on Instagram, 317,442 followers on Facebook, and 79.6k followers on Twitter.
- Massy Arias is a Certified Personal Trainer that is committed to inspire and change lives through a healthy lifestyle. While growing up, she fell into depression after realizing that her brothers were diagnosed with cancer. Her health began to deteriorate, and when her situation became worse, she decided to build herself through workouts.
- Her fitness journey has played a significant role in helping her gain self-esteem and rediscover herself. She has set a standard on how to live a healthy life by being fit physically, mentally, and spiritually by eating a healthy diet.
- "She is an active endorser of Covergirl and Fabletics," and her brands are Massy Arias, MankoFit, Tru Supplements.
- Deepak Chopra has 1.5 million followers on Instagram, 3.29 million followers on Twitter, and 2,390,436 followers on Facebook.
- Though born and raised in India, Deepak Chopra moved to the United States in 1970. He has written over 85 books and is a pioneer of integrative medicine. He is also the founder of Maharishi Ayurveda Health Center.
- Mr. Chopra is the executive director of the Center for Mind-Body Medicine of Sharp HealthCare and the co-founder, Chopra Center for Wellbeing. His books and name are his brands, and he believes that “perfect health” is achievable as aging is “fluid and changeable.”
- Camille Leblanc has 1.4 million followers on Instagram, 475,439 followers on Facebook and 140k followers on Twitter.
- Born in 1988, Camille Leblanc is a Canadian who found passion in Crossfit games after suffering from serious injuries when she was a gymnast. The graduate in Chemical Engineering is an award-winning Crossfit athlete who uses social media to inspire people on healthy living through her stories, diet plans, workout videos, among others.
- She is a high-level sponsored Crossfit athlete and has even won the Fittest Woman on Earth in the 2014 CrossFit Games.
Katya Elise Henry
- Katya Elise has 6.4 million followers on Instagram, 368K followers on Twitter, and 4,357 followers on Facebook.
- Born in 1993, Katya Elise is an American social media celebrity, personal trainer, sponsored athlete, and a fitness model. As a teenager, she was a cheerleader with a poor eating habit. However, with the help of her mum, who is also a personal trainer, she began to work towards having a curvy and toned body through a diet plan and regular workouts.
- Katya learned from her mother the benefits of an effective workout plan, supplementation, and proper nutrition and shares on social media with her fans.
To provide the most popular health and wellness social media influencers in North America, we searched through publications on several sources, including IZEA, Parade, Greatist, The Influence Marketer, AFPA, among others. These sources helped us in locating the most popular social media influencers in health and wellness. We then chose individuals from the United States and Canada with a high number of followers on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.