Data Center Monitoring Market: Competitive Landscape
The different products offered by Dynatrace include real-user monitoring, AI Ops, and cloud infrastructure. PRTG offers network monitoring to clients for traffic, devices, and IT infrastructure applications monitoring, while Splunk helps solve problems related with IT operations, app analytics, security, business analytics, and Internet of Things.
DATA CENTER MONITORING MARKET: COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- Dynatrace offers a single software platform that integrates all of its service offerings including;
- Application performance: Microservices, code-level tracing, hybrid cloud, and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Digital experience: Mobile web & IoT, real-user monitoring, session replay, and synthetic.
- Services: mission control, Dynatrace ONE, marketplace, and insight.
- AI Ops: precision root cause, open ingestion, orchestration, and topology dependencies.
- Cloud Infrastructure: hosts/VMs/containers, continuous discoveries, networks, and events & logs.
- Cloud operations : Dynatrace simplifies cloud operations using automation and AI to help develop and facilitate cloud native applications quicker.
- Its cloud operations span through cloud native environment, hybrid monster, and effective cloud migration.
- Microservices and containers : Its microservices and container monitoring solutions helps with real-time monitoring of dynamic environments.
- Dynatrace always maps the dependencies of a companies entire environment automatically, regardless of the complexity.
- DevOps : Dynatrace's DevOps solution utilizes both AI and automation for steady delivery.
- DevOps help build a self-healing delivery pipeline that permits more innovation and less troubleshooting.
- IoT monitoring : Dynatrace helps users overcome the intricacy of IoT, administer AI for acceptable IoT performance, and provide an incomparable user experience.
- Digital experience : Dynatrace's digital experience monitoring offers business-critical evaluation and insight of the application's performance operation user experience.
- Autonomous cloud management (ACM): ACM is Dynatrace's vision of the best means to build and manage applications. ACM enables clients to deliver software adequately and quicker through automation.
- Dynatrace stands out from its competitors through some unique features of its product/service solutions, which include zero touch automation configuration, full stack understanding of inter dependencies and relations, an exceptional open AI engine, and a web-scale cloud native architecture.
Use of AI
- Dynatrace AI is known as Davis which analyzes 368 billion dependencies per second, decreased overall system health outage by 100,000 minutes, and have processed about 8 billion application topology alterations.
- Dynatrace utilizes artificial intelligence in its DevOps solutions, which help build a continuous delivery pipeline that can self-heal for more innovation and less troubleshooting.
- Need for a vast area of infrastructure, including SAN and telecom
- No in-depth integration between SaaS and on-prem
- Need for improved technical document
- Need for additional data export choices
- Services are too expensive
- PRTG Network Monitor: With the PRTG network monitor, clients can observe the traffic, systems, devices, and IT infrastructure applications with no requirement for added extensions or downloads and is appropriate for all businesses sizes.
- PRTG Network Monitor include Bandwidth Monitoring : It makes it simple to check and track bandwidth usage in networks.
- Cloud Monitoring : PRTG cloud monitoring software is compatible with Platform as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service, and helps save effort, money, and time.
- Database Monitoring : With database monitoring, clients are supplied with a more comprehensive and terse overview, provide individual reports, variety of manufactures offered, and global monitoring.
- Network Mapping : PRTG links monitoring and mapping and has the capacity to produce custom network diagrams for different audiences.
- Port Monitoring : It helps with observing the ports in networks with respect to bandwidth usage and security.
- Server Monitoring : PRTG offers database server monitoring, file server monitoring, web server monitoring, and mail server monitoring.
- SNMP Monitoring : SNMP is made up of three different components, namely network-management systems (NMSs), managed devices, and agents.
- Flexible alerting: PRTG is integrated with 10 built-in technologies, including play alarm audio files, triggering HTTP requests push, email.
- Multiple user interfaces: PRTG has a full featured web interface that operates on AJAX with extreme security requirements.
- Cluster failover solution: Failover tolerant monitoring is permitted by the PRTG Network Monitor.
- Maps and dashboards: PRTG helps visualize networks by employing real time maps featuring live status data.
- Distributed monitoring: It is capable of overseeing numerous networks in several locations and different networks.
- In-depth reporting: PRTG helps clients obtain the graphs and statistics for distinct monitoring data as well as configuration.
Use of AI
- PRTG does not use artificial intelligence in any of its product/services.
- Not user-friendly for new users
- Lack of software support
- Software randomly failing
- Insufficient application structure
- Splunk Cloud: It offers an adaptable, cost-effective, and secure data platform service.
- Splunk Enterprise: It empowers users by delivering insights without being confined to their work area.
- Splunk IT Service Intelligence : This helps businesses foresee and thwart, manage massive volumes of data, and offers 360-degree insights.
- Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring : This helps clients monitor their Amazon Web Services deployments with operational and cost-management insights, along with end-to-end security.
- Splunk App for Infrastructure : Offers incorporated and equated metrics and logs within a single solution.
- VictorOps : It diminishes on-call missteps by mending issues quicker with evidence-based and precise incident response routing.
- Splunk Enterprise Security : It helps restrict network breaches via analytics-driven SIEM solution.
- Splunk Phantom : It helps organize security functions in a short time via case management abilities and playbook automation.
- Splunk User Behavior Analysis : This aids with securing against threats from unknown user and entity behavior analytics.
- Splunk for Industrial IoT : Assists with the creation of predictive and real-time insights through industrial operational information.
- Splunk Business Flow: Clients are able to improve transparency through the visualization and exploration business proceedings.
- Offers intermittent insights: Through quick research, clients can decrease resolution mean time by 90%.
- Scale Reliability: The software develops along with the client's requirements with no compromise to performance.
- Robust Capabilities/Machine Learning: Utilizing advanced machine learning, the software can perceive noise signal.
- Expansive Ecosystem: Attends to any type of data.
Use of AI
- Splunk applies its AI Ops in performance monitoring, event correlation and analysis, IT service management, and automation to help achieve data-driven insight and recommended actions.
- High pricing
- Inefficient access to saved queries and hardware resources
- Barriers with decentralized working model
- Slow response time to queries
- Hard to master query language
Our research commenced by conducting an in-depth search of the companies' websites, looking into the products, services, solutions offerings, product unique features, use of artificial intelligence in their products/solutions, and how they use it. Next, we identified information regarding the weaknesses of the different product/solution offerings from trusted review sites such as Capterra and Trustpilot.