Business Brokers in Indianapolis - Part 1
Ten of the major business brokers in Indiana include Morgan & Westfield Business Brokers, ABA Advisors, LLC, Synergy Business Brokers, Cressy Commercial, Murphy Business and Financial of Indianapolis, Indiana Business Advisors, Emsons Realty Ltd., BIB Group, Venture Resource Business Brokers, and Illiana Properties. The location, specialization, number of employees, and revenue of these business brokers can be found below:
Morgan & Westfield Business Brokers
- Morgan & Westfield Business Brokers specializes in selling small and mid-sized businesses with annual revenues of up to $50 million.
- Morgan & Westfield Business Brokers has several offices throughout the US and Canada. The company has three offices in Indiana. These offices are located in Fort Wayne, South Bend, and Evansville.
- Morgan & Westfield Business Brokers has 2,666 employees in all of its offices.
- The company's estimated revenue is $498.5 million. The company does not provide a breakdown of its revenue or employees by state.
ABA Advisors, LLC
- Based in Indianapolis, ABA Advisors, LLC is a national brokerage and business consulting company that specializes in selling tax and accounting businesses with annual revenues ranging from $200,000 to 2 million.
- The company has between 2-10 employees.
- ABA Advisors, LLC has an estimated revenue of $61 million.
Synergy Business Brokers
- Synergy Business Brokers is a business brokerage firm specializing in "healthcare, manufacturing, wholesale/distribution, technology, engineering, education, professional services, and transportation industries."
- The company is headquartered in New York and serves clients throughout the US. In the Midwest, the company focuses on companies that have an "owner's annual net income of $200,000 to $5 million."
- The company has between 11-50 employees.
- It has an estimated revenue of $24.9 million.
- Based in Mishawaka, Indiana, Cressy Commercial offers business brokerage, property management, development, construction, and virtual services. It is the only commercial brokerage company in Indiana with an international affiliation.
- The company specializes in selling small to medium-sized businesses.
- It has a total of 77 employees across all divisions. Its brokerage team is composed of 28 people.
- Cressy Commercial has an estimated revenue of $20.9 million.
Murphy Business and Financial of Indianapolis
- Murphy Business and Financial of Indianapolis is a part of Murphy Business, North America's leading business brokerage firm. It offers assistance with mergers and acquisitions, business valuation, franchising, and commercial real estate.
- Murphy Business and Financial has more than 180 offices across the US and Canada. The company has two offices in Indiana.
- The company has between 201-500 employees across all of its offices.
- Murphy Business and Financial has an estimated revenue of $8.5 million.
Indiana Business Advisors
- Indiana Business Advisors, formerly Sunbelt Business Brokers of Indianapolis, is among the major business brokerage firms in Indiana. The company is based in Indianapolis and specializes in the marketing and sale of "main street and lower-middle market businesses."
- The company has 17 employees.
- Indiana Business Advisors has an estimated revenue of $7.6 million.
Emsons Realty Ltd.
- Based in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois, Emsons Realty Ltd. specializes in "investment properties and retail stores in Indiana and Illinois. The company focuses on high revenue properties such as gas stations, shopping centers, motels, multi-units, and liquor and convenience stores."
- The company has 23 employees and an estimated revenue of $6 million.
- Based in Fort Wayne, Indiana, BIB Group specializes in mergers and acquisitions of small to multi-million dollar businesses.
- The company has between 2-10 employees.
- BIB Group has an estimated revenue of $5.7 million.
Venture Resource Business Brokers
- Venture Resource Business Brokers primarily focuses on businesses with annual revenues between $100,000 to $10 million. The company is based in Louisville, Kentucky and serves customers in Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
- It has 26 employees and an estimated revenue of $5.2 million.
- Illiana Properties is a registered business brokerage firm that focuses on businesses and commercial real estate.
- Based in Illinois, the company serves customers in Southern Illinois and Southern Indiana.
- Illiana Properties has 19 employees and an estimated revenue of $5 million.
To find ten of the major business brokers in Indianapolis, we started our research by looking for any precompiled lists of top or major business brokers in Indianapolis city or Indiana state. Although a few lists of top business brokers in the US were found, no precompiled lists featuring major business brokers in Indianapolis city or Indiana state were available. We then combed through credible market research resources and articles from sources such as IBIS World, MarketWatch, CB Insights, Tech Crunch, Statista, Franchising.com, Forbes, PRNewswire, etc., to find any precompiled lists of business brokers categorized by states. However, apart from an outdated IBIS report featuring three of the largest business brokers in the US in 2015 (Corporation, Sunbelt, and Transworld Business Advisors), no relevant reports or lists were found.
We then turned to industry-specific databases such as Merger Place, BizBuySell, Business Broker, and BizQuest to identify all business brokers in Indianapolis and rank them by their revenue. Apart from the business brokers identified in our initial research i.e., American Business Investors, Naab Consulting, Indiana Equity Brokers, and Allan Michael Group, we were able to find only a few more business brokers in Indianapolis. To locate additional major business brokers, we expanded our research to Indiana state as a whole.
Our next step was to rank the identified business brokers by revenue. To find the revenue information, we first scoured through each broker's official website and LinkedIn page to find any officially released revenue or income information. However, since these business brokers are privately-held, no such information was found via this approach. We also ran a press scan to find any news and media reports and articles indicating the revenue of the identified brokers, however, this approach wasn't helpful either. The business brokers' databases also didn't provide any indication of the revenue of the listed brokers. We also combed through the profiles of these brokers in the official business directory of Indiana state as well as OpenCorporates. While these resources provided insights into the brokers' location and status, no information on revenue was provided. As a last resort, we used estimated revenue information available on third-party sources such as ZoomInfo to provide 10 of the major business brokers in Indiana. While the estimated revenue can not be substituted for officially released revenue figures, it provides an indication of the major players in the industry. Additionally, where available, the number of employees in each brokerage firm was obtained from the official business website or LinkedIn page, instead of third-party sources.