Kelapo Coconut Oil Company Analysis
While there is no publicly available information to fully answer your question, we have used the available data to pull together key findings: Kelapo’s most recent annual revenue was $16.9 million (2018), and it sells products that fall under categories such as coconut oil, ghee, and merchandise. The number of locations that sell Kelapo’s products today is not available in the public domain. Below you will find an outline of our research methodology to better understand why the information you have requested is publicly unavailable, as well as a deep dive into our findings.
Most Recent Annual Revenue
- Kelapo’s estimated 2018 revenue was $16.9 million.
- The company has recorded a 216% growth in revenue from 2016 to 2018.
- This has resulted in Kelapo being ranked number 1871 on the 2019 Inc. 5000 list.
List of Products
- Kelapo offers products that fall under categories such as coconut oil, ghee (clarified butter), and merchandise (non-food products).
- The coconut oil products include coconut oil, coconut oil cooking spray, coconut oil pre-measured baking sticks, and extra virgin coconut oil.
- The ghee products include coconut oil and ghee 50/50 blend and ghee.
- The merchandises offered by Kelapo include tote bags and tees.
Number of Locations That Sell the Products
- Kelapo’s products are currently available in thousands of cities across the United States.
- Stores that sell the products include major supermarkets such as Lunds and Whole Foods and other retailers.
- In 2013, Kelapo’s products were sold in 6,000 stores in the United States and Canada.
To identify the number of locations that sell Kelapo’s products, we first used the store locator on the company’s website. It is assumed that the tool would provide the latest and most accurate figure for the number of stores that carry Kelapo’s products. However, the store locator has only listed the cities and selected retailers in the United States that sell the products.
Next, we examined the content published by Kelapo. It is assumed that the company would provide the estimated number of stores that carry their products on its website or social media pages. However, Kelapo’s website, LinkedIn page, and other social media platforms contain only the founding date, products, and other general information not related to the number of stores that sell its products.
Lastly, we examined articles that talked about Kelapo or its founder Erin Meagher. It is assumed that these articles or interviews with Meagher would reveal the estimated number of stores that carry Kelapo’s products. However, recent articles that featured Kelapo or Meagher did not provide the required information. During her interview with Business Observer Florida, Meagher only focused on her personal story and how the business grew since it was founded in 2009. An examination of older articles has revealed that Kelapo’s products are available in 6,000 stores in the United States and Canada as of 2013.