There were 27 reviews of Kalo found on Facebook, Capterra, and GetApp. Most of the feedback was positive. The major themes of the positive feedback were the ease of managing the platform for a team of freelance writers, ease of integrating new freelancers, and the ability to work comfortably on the platform. On the other hand, the major themes of the negative feedback were the unorganized nature of the work layout, difficulty in signing up new members by businesses, and lack of feedback from the support team on work verification. Their largest competitors that were called out in other reviews were Precoro and Promena.
We started our analysis by looking through the feedback and reviews on the three websites—Facebook, Capterra, and GetApp. However, we found that the reviews on GetApp were adapted from Capterra reviews and we noted this to avoid multiple entries during our analysis. We found 27 reviews in all (24 on Capterra and three review-related posts on Facebook), taking reviews from individual employees as the customer standpoint and those from companies or businesses as the business standpoint. The positive and negative feedback which were repeated by different reviewers were noted, and we identified those with the highest frequencies as the major themes.
We then searched further through Capterra and GetApp to get Kalo's competitors and found a list of Kalo's alternatives on GetApp. These alternatives were listed as companies being used by people whose industry is similar to that of people using Kalo. We then selected two of the listed alternatives based on their high overall star ratings.
KALO'S REVIEWS FROM THE CONSUMER STANDPOINT
- It is an excellent resource for managing freelance work and opportunities as well as networking with clients.
- It is easy to search through the platform, and the design interface is approachable.
- The website's load time is excellent.
- The work-layout is not well organized, and navigation within assignments could be difficult.
- There is a need for repeated verification of samples when they are being updated since history cannot be updated.
- Workflow specific to the editorial pitching process is absent.
- There is no avenue to meet and network with freelancers that are part of Kalo's system but not connected to an individual's business.
- Others include difficulty in signing up new members by businesses, delay in payment, and difficulty in claiming posted jobs.
KALO'S REVIEWS FROM THE BUSINESS STANDPOINT
- Kalo is an efficient platform for paying freelancers for their work.
- Issuing assignments, tracking progress, creating invoices, and making payments when managing a team of freelance writers is easy.
- Work-flow from freelance sourcing to completion is excellent.
- There is the ability to store information about freelancers and contractors.
- There is no feedback from the support team on work verification.
- The platform requires freelancers to link their accounts digitally, and some freelancers are wary of online payments.
- It lacks tutorials for new "onboards."
- The freelancer payment system is not automated, making it disjointed.
- A company cannot amend the profile of a freelancer it created.
"Precoro is a robust procure-to-pay system for your business. Automated purchasing, simple sourcing and spend analytics — all in one easy-to-use platform."
"Promena is an e-auction, e-procurement and e-sourcing solution designed to help enterprises manage purchasing activities efficiently & effectively."