Johnstown residents have the highest level of interest for going to outdoor pools (55%), indoor multi-purpose pools (49%), hanging out in social areas with healthy snacks (45%), and indoor track (44%) in the new Community Center to be built in Johnstown, Colorado.
#1. INTERESTS OF RESIDENTS IN NEW COMMUNITY CENTER MEMBERS AT JOHNSTOWN, CO:
- Johnstown residents have the highest level of interest for going to outdoor (55%) and indoor multi-purpose pools (49%), hanging out in social areas with healthy snacks (45%), and doing indoor track (44%) in the new community center in Johnstown, Colorado.
- The most motivating program offerings for the residents include lap swimming (48%), water-based exercise (47%), physical rehabilitation (39%), and programs that help students succeed (33%).
- About 33% of local households were members of some type of health club or recreation center in 2016.
#2. READING HABITS OF PEOPLE VISITING TOWNOFJOHNSTOWN.COM:
- The Town of Johnstown is a local community informative website about Johnstown, CO.
- People visiting the Town of Johnstown website like to read about careers from the Larimer.org website.
- Larimer.org is a county website, with Johnstown city being part of Larimer county.
#3. REVIEWS FROM CURRENT RESIDENTS OF JOHNSTOWN:
- One of the current resident of Johnstown has commented that he likes the parks, walking trails and cycling places in Johnstown.
- Other comment by current residents of Johnstown note that the farming community of the city is amazing.
#4. OTHER FINDINGS:
- Johnstown residents are committed to its simple roots and a quiet lifestyle. People from around the county sell their wares, mostly in-season vegetables on Johnstown's Parish Street.
- According to Mayor Gary Lebsack, Johnstown has got a retail area along with a historic downtown area and a friendly community, which provide a great place to live.
- The median age of people living in Johnstown is 34 and the median household income is $85,339.
We began by looking for city profile reports on the city of Johnstown, CO on sites like Data USA and Colorado.com in order to find information on the habits, hobbies, interests of the people of Johnstown, Colorado. However, we were only able to find information about the age groups, income level, and occupation of the people living in the city. We also consulted local city media publications like MyJohnstownBreeze and 9news. Using this strategy, we were able to find general information about the city, with no information about people's interests and hobbies. We also went through Niche in order to scan through the reviews of the residents of Johnstown and see if they have reported any interests or activities, which has helped us find some information on the residents' interests and activities. We also found a survey report from 2016 that contained information on the interests and activities of the people of Johnstown. However, the report was limited to the activities and interests related to the new community center of Johnstown. I had thought that this strategy may work as community websites would have published information about their residents on their websites.