Javara's Social Media Presence
Methods to Increase Social Media Following
Some methods to increase social media following include showing the brand's personality, providing customer support, posting inspirational content, posting branded high-quality content, and launching marketing campaigns.
Showing the Brand's Personality
- To develop an engaging brand on social media, it is best to beat "the anonymity of the internet" by creating a brand personality, which is key for a solid social media strategy. To develop a personality it is best to identify the brand's target audience in order to understand what resonates with them.
- A good example of a company that succeeded in creating a brand personality is Bumble. This company makes use of photos, captions, and stories to showcase their personality and human-side. It has as around 500 thousand followers and a 2% engagement rate.
Providing Customer Support
- Approximately 60% of consumers prefer to use social media to request customer service, but only 11% of brands reply to their questions through these platforms. According to Kevin Gibbons, co-founder of BlueGlass, it is important to "put the effort into engaging with your audience" and "reply to their comments, ask them questions, and help to share their content."
- Forest App, for example, responds to comments on a photo, direct messages or questions "with a personalized and well-written answer within a few hours or less." The brand has around 11 thousand followers and a 5% engagement rate.
Posting Inspirational Content
- Another good method for increasing followers is posting interesting and inspirational posts that the target audience "will swoon over, something they will want to tag a friend in." According to Britt Michaelian, the creator of brittmichaelian.com, in order to build following on social media, one has to "give people a fantastic reason to follow you, which means sharing information, inspiration, and engagement that lifts people up."
- By posting inspirational content that they knew their audience would like, The Roo Apron managed to acquire over 10 thousand followers on Instagram.
Posting Branded High-Quality Content
- It is best to continuously create high-quality content that stands out from the rest by focusing on topics related to the brand's niche. Ryan Scollon, SEO & PPC Consultant at bowlerhat.co.uk and Google Partner, stated that "while I do notice an increase in followers when I post, it’s usually due to my post being of good quality."
- By posting branded high-quality content along with other strategies, Vitamin World managed to grow its Facebook community by 44,889 followers and grow Twitter brand mentions by 936%.
Launching Marketing Campaigns
- Social media ads raise the visibility of a brand's content and profile. According to Vladimir Gendelman, founder and CEO of Company Folders, Inc., it is best to launch a call-to-action marketing campaign.
- For example, the brand TOUS launched a campaign on Valentine’s Day for Facebook to increase its followers. The campaign itself allowed them to engage with 13,000 participants and gain more followers.