ANSR is a company primarily focused on "establishing and operating" global captive centers (GCCs) for its clients, with end-to-end services in this regard. It also helps its clients locate and secure workspaces, and helps clients foster innovation through its partnership with Techstars. Our complete findings on this subject have been entered in row 14 of the attached spreadsheet, and can also be found below, followed by an explanation of our research methodology.
- Principally, ANSR describes itself as "a global leader in establishing and operating GCCs (also known as Captive Centers)," which appear to be based primarily or entirely in India.
- The company provides "a full-suite of services" with regard to GCCs, from research and consulting services to design, development, and operation assistance.
- ANSR also provides human resources solutions that span "the entire employee lifecycle from talent acquisition to onboarding and career development," workspace consulting and acquisition, IT consulting and installation, and procurement assistance.
- Additionally, the company has partnered with Techstars, which allows it to provide its clients with assistance developing and advancing their innovative technology and business projects.
- ANSR was launched in either 2003 or 2004 — there is conflicting data on this point, as the company's LinkedIn page states that its year of inception was 2004, but also states that it was founded in 2003. Other media reports state that the company was founded in 2003, but the LinkedIn page of the company's founder, Lalit Ahuja, states that it was founded in 2004.
- It is possible that the founding process began in 2003 and carried over into 2004; the company's website and social media channels, along with third-party company databases and media reports, are largely devoid of details regarding the company's founding, making it impossible to determine exactly when it was started or when the company first began offering products.
- In any case, it appears to have been founded in Dallas, Texas and Bangalore, India, as these are the two sites of the company's headquarters.
- It has not been acquired or made any acquisitions since its founding, although it has launched a subsidiary corporate accelerator called Kyron in 2013. Founder Lalit Ahuja is still with the company, serving as its CEO, but other founders Robert J Ulrich, D.P. Narayana, Thomas W. Frisson and Dr. Thomas N. Duening are no longer with the company.
ANSR provides a variety of services within its primary GCC function, including:
- "Research, advisory, and consulting" services, such as market insights, real estate consulting, and migration strategy, among others
- "Legal & regulatory" services, including entity structuring, compliance, and regulatory filings, among others
- "Finance & tax" services, including global transfer pricing, banking & treasury, and fixed asset management, among others
- Human resources services, including employer branding, policies, practices, onboarding and exits, among others
- Real estate services, including site selection, design, and project management, among others
- IT services, including design, installation, and incident management, among others
- Procurement services, including sourcing, tendering, and negotiating, among others
Additionally, the company assists in locating and securing "customized, branded, high-performance and fully-serviced workspaces with flexible lease terms" for their clients. It also offers innovation assistance via its partnership with Techstars.
- ANSR has completed one round of fundraising, a Series A round in 2015. CrunchBase lists the total amount received in this round at US$6,700,000, but multiple media reports put the total amount received at US$9,000,000.
- ANSR claims that its services "drive efficiency, transformation, and innovation" to "maximize capacity and capability arbitrage" so that its clients' investments in GCCs will be maximized.
- It claims that its workspaces "endow [their clients' companies] with tax rebates and financial incentives," "enable scaling up or down" due to flexibility, and "ensure privacy and data security."
- Overall, the company claims to help its clients "leverage global talent, develop strategic business capabilities and in the process, build sustainable competitive advantage."
- Lalit Ahuja, Founder & CEO
- Shail Maniar, SVP & Managing Director
- Jay Bhow, SVP & Managing Director
- Charlene Keeney, Partner, People Consulting Practice ('PCP') & North America Operations
- Shekhar Kirani, Partner
- Abhilash Raghavan, Vice President- Finance
Your research team employed the following strategy:
To locate the requested data regarding ANSR, we conducted three distinct research approaches. First, we conducted an exhaustive review of the company's website and social media pages. Second, we conducted a search of third-party databases offering business-related data, such as CrunchBase and Hoovers. Third, we conducted a wide-ranging press search to find third-party media reports about ANSR (this included the reports provided on the company's About page). Some combination of these approaches lead us to nearly all the requested data, though information was conflicting in some cases, namely the year of the company's founding and its total funding amount. We could not determine when the company first offered a product, as historical information about the company was largely absent from the company's website, media reports, and third-party databases.