Coca-Cola Press Search
The two most-recent soft drink launches from Coca-Cola in Ireland both occurred in April 2019 (Coca-Cola Energy and Glacéau Smartwater Sparkling). The Coca-Cola Thank You Fund and tour dates for the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck were two announcements about the company's Ireland division that were covered by the press in the past six months. There were several, major partnerships and sponsorships that Coca-Cola has been involved in on a global level within the past six months, including, but not limited to, Nascar and the Olympics.
Recent Coca-Cola Soft Drink Launches in Ireland
1. Coca-Cola Energy
- While we didn't find any soft drink launches by Coca-Cola in Ireland within the past six months (explained in the Research Strategy section below), we did find two launches just outside that time range from eight months ago (April 2019). We included both of those soft drink launches due to their very close proximity to the six-month timeframe we researched.
- In April 2019, Coca-Cola launched a soft drink in Ireland called Coca-Cola Energy.
- Coca-Cola Energy is the company's "first ever energy drink under the Coca-Cola brand." The drink contains "caffeine from naturally-derived sources, guarana extracts, B vitamins and no taurine."
- Coca-Cola Energy was launched in sugar-free and sugar-added varieties.
- The launch of Coca-Cola Energy was notable, as it was covered by multiple media outlets, including Hospitality Ireland and The Irish Sun.
2. Glacéau Smartwater Sparkling
- In April 2019, Glacéau Smartwater (a Coca-Cola Ireland brand) launched a soft drink called Glacéau Smartwater Sparkling.
- Three varieties of Glacéau Smartwater Sparkling were introduced in Ireland: Non-flavored; Green Apple; and Kiwi & Berry. The flavored versions were created "to appeal to [the] young health-conscious shopper."
- This link is to a video announcement of the launch.
- We could only find an article about the launch of Glacéau Smartwater Sparkling in Ireland by one source, which was Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company. Nonetheless, we included this product launch because of its recency and specificity to Ireland.
Ireland Division Announcements
- The tour dates for the Coca-Cola Christmas Truck was an announcement about the company's Ireland division that was covered by the press within the past six months.
- The winners of the Coca-Cola Thank You Fund was an announcement about the company's Ireland division that was covered by the press within the past six months.
Global Partnerships & Sponsorships
- In December 2019, it was announced that Coca-Cola became a Premier Partner of Nascar for its 2020 racing season.
- In November 2019, it was announced that Coca-Cola partnered with Champion Ahtletiwear and "launched a limited-edition capsule collection, Champion X Coca-Cola."
- In October 2019, it was announced that Coca-Cola became an "official presenting sponsor" of Villanova Basketball for its 100th season, along with Hartford Funds.
- In October 2019, it was announced that Coca-Cola entered a "two-year partnership" with Juventus FC (an Italian soccer team).
- In September 2019, it was announced that Coca-Cola became the "official beverage partner" of Tespa, which operates a league for college esports.
- In June 2019, it was announced that Coca-Cola and China Mengniu Dairy partnered "to sponsor the Olympics until 2032" as was announced by the International Olympic Committee.
- In June 2019, it was announced that Coca-Cola partnered with a new mall in New Jersey called American Dream. The partnership runs for 10 years. The mall is expected to draw 40 million people each year and Coca-Cola will be embedded throughout the fashion, entertainment, dining, art, and music aspects of the mall.
Though we couldn't find any soft drink launches from Coca-Cola within the past six months in Ireland specifically, we found two from just outside that range in April 2019. We included those product launches because they were so close to the six-month range that we were focused on. However, we used three research strategies in looking for such launches within the six-month window. First, we reviewed press releases published on Coca-Cola Ireland's website, but there weren't any about soft drink launches within that timeframe. Second, we conducted broad searches for 2019 news pertaining to each of Coca-Cola Ireland's brands. We conducted separate research for each brand. From that strategy, we found the second product launch from April 2019 involving Glacéau Smartwater Sparkling, but none from within the six-month span specifically. Third, we looked for Coca-Cola Ireland's social media channels and found that it maintains such on Instagram. We checked for any such posts pertaining to this subject within the past six months, but didn't find any. Accordingly, the two soft drink launches from April 2019 were the most recent we found for Coca-Cola Ireland. The announcements we found pertaining to Coca-Cola's Ireland division were found by conducting general searches for recent articles about the company specific to Ireland. We used a very similar strategy in looking for global partnerships and sponsorships that Coca-Cola has entered into within the past six months, by conducting broad searches for media articles about that topic.