IoT Home Appliance Manufacturers in China
The top five Chinese manufacturers of home appliances that implement IoT (Internet of Things) technology in their appliances are Midea, Haier, CHiQ, Hisense, and Skyworth. Midea's home appliances include "household and commercial air conditioning appliances, refrigeration, laundry, and large cooking appliances, kitchen appliances, water appliances, vacuum appliances, small domestic appliances, and lighting."
- A website link to Midea is provided herein.
- Midea specializes in "air treatment, refrigeration, laundry, large cooking appliances, large and small kitchen appliances, water appliances, floor care, and lightening."
- The company is headquartered in Southern China and is ranked by What China, Statista, and Equal Ocean as the number one home appliance brand in China.
- Its businesses span through HVAC, home appliances, components, smart logistics, and robotics & automation.
- The home appliances business features globally recognized household names like "Toshiba, Midea, Comfee, Eureka, COLMO, Beverly, Vandelo, and Little Swan."
- Midea's home appliances include "household and commercial air conditioning appliances, refrigeration, laundry, and large cooking appliances, kitchen appliances, water appliances, vacuum appliances, small domestic appliances, and lighting."
- The company positioned as a brand that builds a whole value chain of IoT. It is safe to say that the company has built a solid foundation regarding Industrial IoT systems.
- Midea Smart Home is committed to building an Internet of Things (IoT) platform based on the M·smart protocol.
- The Midea Industrial IoT Platform is ranked as China’s first complete IIoT platform provider covering industrial knowledge, software, and hardware.
- Media IoT focuses on building the SCADA platform, the industrial cloud platform, the industrial big data platform, and the industrial SaaS service to provide the standardized, cloud-based and platform service, including C2M, supply coordination, and solutions.
- A website link to Haier is provided herein.
- Haier is ranked by What China and Equal Ocean as the number three home appliance brand in China. It is also ranked by Statista as the number two brand in China.
- The Company mainly engages in the production and sales of home appliances covering refrigerators/freezers, washing machines, air-conditioners, water heaters, kitchen appliance products, small home appliances, and other smart home business, as well as offering complete sets of smart home solutions to the Company’s users.
- Its home appliance brands include Haier, Casarte, Leader, GE Appliances, Fisher & Paykel, AQUA, and Candy.
- Haier positions itself as a brand that works with first-class global ecosystem partners in constructing IoT ecosystems.
- The company Haier has been included on the list of BrandZ™ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands for two consecutive years as the world’s first and only IoT ecosystem brand.
- In the new era of IoT, the Company actively promotes the transformation, upgrade & implementation of the ‘5+7+N’ smart home scenario solution across the world, and devotes itself to providing users with a full-process solution of ‘designing a home, building a home, and servicing a home’.
Sichuan Changhong Electric Co Ltd (CHiQ)
- A website link to Sichuan Changhong is provided herein.
- Changhong is ranked by What China as the number six home appliance brand in China and also one of the smart home brands in the country.
- CHiQ claims to be a "new generation of high-end smart home appliances brand of Changhong, including a full set of domestic home Internet consumer electronics, such as TV sets, refrigerators, air conditioners, and small home appliances."
- Its home appliance line includes television, refrigerator, air conditioner, monitor, and small domestic appliance.
- Through communications with a professional player and field partners, Changhong network company understands more hot demands and show its resolution and ability into the IoT field.
- In 2016, the company went into an agreement with Ayla Networks, a leading enterprise-level Internet of Things (IoT) platform, to launch a new generation of cloud-based smart air conditioners.
- Over the years, Changhong insists on the user-centered, market-oriented, strengthen technical innovation, strengthen internal management, along with the direction of intelligent, networked, collaborative, establish a strong industrial system of IoT, constantly improve the comprehensive competitiveness of enterprises, and gradually build Changhong into a world-renowned enterprise.
- A website link to Hisense is provided herein.
- Hisense is ranked by What China as the seventh home appliance brand in China and also one of the smart home brands in the country.
- Its area of expertise is in the manufacture of televisions, refrigerators, air conditioners, and washers.
- The company operates several home appliance brands including Hisense, Toshiba, Gorenje, Kelon, and Ronshen.
- Analysis of the company's products and services shows that, although the brand manufactures IoT appliances, Hisense is not promoting its IoT devices as their main focus.
- Notwithstanding, the brand is dedicated to consumer IoT security.
- In 2017, it went into an agreement with Ayla Networks, a global Internet of Things (IoT) platform for manufacturers, to build its Hi-Smart Air products on the Ayla IoT platform.
- A website link to Skyworth is provided herein.
- Skyworth is ranked by What China as the number eight home appliance brand in China and also one of the smart home brands in the country.
- Skyworth Group Co., Ltd. is engaged in multimedia (smart TV, set-top box, content operation), household appliances (fridge, washing machine, air conditioner, kitchen appliances, and other intelligent products business), intelligent system technology and big data, smart home appliances and information technology companies in the modern service industry.
- Skyworth developed a new ecosystem brand known as Swaiot, referring to its Skyworth AI and IoT systems. With its investment, it plans to develop the ecosystem and support service and manufacturing partners.
- The company announced its new brand proposition - "Lead the future" and "Pioneering in Big-screen AIoT". The Company has incorporated the brand proposition into its brand graphics.
- Skyworth is driving exciting new breakthroughs in the Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) by combining two transformative technological trends; AI and IoT.
After an exhaustive search through industry reports, news publications and articles, and expert reviews, we were unable to find a pre-compiled list of the top IoT home appliance manufacturers in China. Most of the reports found in the public domain, such as Future IoT, e2 Link, and PR Newswire, provided a list of the top IoT manufacturers in China, which included all types of IoT devices, like mobile phones, electronic parts, security devices, and appliances in general.
To provide the top IoT home appliance manufacturers in China, we began by searching through the public domain for the top home appliance companies in China. Our search was productive as we identified the companies from pre-compiled industry reports such as What China, Statista, Daxue Consulting, and Equal Ocean. To define the top, we selected the home appliance manufacturers that appeared across all our sources. Next, we searched for a list of the top IoT companies disrupting the Chinese IoT market. This step was also fruitful as we found industry reports containing the required information, such as KR-Asia, CT Americas, and IoT One.
Lastly, we compared both the top players in the home appliance and the IoT industries in China and selected the companies that formed both lists' subset.