Competitive Landscape: Esper and Runtime
Esper claims to be reinventing the future of device and app management for dedicated platforms. Customers are leveraging the platform to respond to interactive kiosks as a method of talking to brands that creates endless opportunities for organizations and to the deployment of kiosks across prominent business verticals. Solutions offered by Esper include Kiosk management solution and Kiosk retail solution.
COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE: ESPER AND RUNTIME
- Esper claims to be “re-imagining the future of app and device management for dedicated devices.”
- Customers are leveraging the platform to respond to interactive kiosks as a method of talking to brands that creates endless opportunities for organizations and to the deployment of kiosks across prominent business verticals.
- The company believes its solution is the best way to reposition a device to perform desired cumbersome actions on devices.
- Additionally, the company claims to be the most reliable platform used for app deployment and management on a dedicated device fleet.
Products and services
- Kiosk management solution: “Esper Manage provides the industry’s first full-stack solution for the Kiosk industry.”
- The Kiosk management solution helps clients to dynamically lockdown their kiosks and prominently improve operational efficiency and output while defending against all possible security threats.
- The solution is used in various sectors such as the retail, hospitality, transportation, banking, and healthcare sectors.
- Benefits of the solution include configuration of devices to function with android kiosk mode, remotely monitor and control kiosks, and personalize kiosks depending on the consumers’ needs.
- Kiosk retail solution: This retail solution is a cloud-based platform used in android devices that help retailers to build, manage, and deploy retail devices.
- Additionally, this solution has robust support for debugging and diagnosing devices.
- Some features of the retail device include automated and seamless deployment, remote control and debugging, lock devices.
- Furthermore, the retail device gives users complete control and set alerts for device issues.
- Benefits of the solution include remote control, device lock, and control, and the configuration and automation of deployment.
- Run application deployment at scale: Esper kiosk solutions help manage & deploy applications on android devices with the help of its fine-grained application policies with standard rules.
- Support cost reduction: Esper solution helps to debug and update device and app issues with OTA instantly.
- Field failure elimination: monitoring of applications for field failures and easily trigger alerts, thereby reducing device downtime while increasing performance.
- Continuous delivery: With Esper, customers are assured of round-the-clock deployment of applications and Android OS updates using automated scaling and rollbacks.
- Esper had raised a total of $2 million from a single seed funding round in 2018 from Andrew Lee and four other investors.
- Within the last year, the interactive kiosk market place had grown by 17.6% as reported by second Kiosk annual market census report.
- According to Similarweb review, the global ranking of the company website has risen to 1,646,819.
- Esper.io has 19,984 monthly visitors with the majority of visits emanating from India.
- Runtime claims to “provide cloud-based management of connected devices and is a complete solutions provider for the consumer, medical, commercial, and industrial IoT applications.”
- The Redwood City-based company claims to be “the world leader for connected critical infrastructure,” developing connected products and reducing managed connectivity cost.
- Its open-source runtime operating system (RTOS) is regarded as an industry-leading solution.
- Runtime operating system operates on Apache Mynewt, which is the world’s leading open-source OS used in embedded devices.
Products and services
- Commercial support & Enterprise licenses: Runtime offers enterprise license together with commercial support, allowing product organization to associate with long-term secure management interfaces fully.
- Runtime Studios: Runtime Studios include firmware, hardware, and software designs built for the unique purpose of each industry.
- Some unique features of the studios include smart lighting, smart buildings, personal health, smart home, and asset tracking.
- Professional Device management platform: The platform supports an end-to-end operation and development, and security management of devices at scale.
- Key benefits of the platform include messaging, device management, build & package management, network management, and security.
- Edge services: runtime provides both software and hardware solutions to help clients accelerate product development.
- Runtime network: Runtime network supports multiple network transports, provides gateway software, and messaging infrastructure.
- Device Management: This helps manage devices through their full product life cycle.
- Customer Application: Runtime’s APIs permits product companies to program their cloud application, mobile application, and gateway applications.
- Support & services: Runtime helps provides a range of implementation and support services.
- Runtime has received a total of $7.5 million from two rounds of funding.
- Runtime Mynewt sensor monitor launched on August 11, 2017, and has over 100 downloads.
- It is still in its first version with a 3+ rating.
- Runtime Gateway Configurator launched on March 1, 2018, and has about 10+ reviews.
- It is currently in its first version and has a 3+ rating.
To answer this request, we conducted a thorough search through the company website for information regarding the company brand position, overview of products and services, and competitive advantage. We looked into the ‘About Us’ section, company blog posts, news, press releases, product and services, and solutions provided. We found the required information precompiled. Next, we leveraged the services of trusted business directory source, Crunchbase, to provide funding details. Finally, we searched through website and app review sources for each of the companies’ metrics of success.