Investing in Editorital Content
B2C companies stand to benefit tremendously from investing in the creation and publication of storytelling editorial content, as the quality of content is important to the vast majority of consumers (81%). B2C companies that produce articles stand to benefit significantly from investing in the creation and publication of editorial content, as most consumers (70%) prefer to "learn about a company through articles rather than ads."
A. data points illustrating the benefits of storytelling editorial content for b2c companies
- Consumers consider educational and informative content as most valuable, as 66% of them expressed such.
- Entertaining content is considered most valuable by 17% of consumers.
- Inspirational content is considered most valuable among 11% of consumers.
- Consumers have a strong preference for content that's relevant to things they're interest interested in, as "45% of consumers won't spend time with branded content if it's not relevant to their interests."
- The quality of content is important to the vast majority of consumers (81%).
- Relevant content is either very important or somewhat important to over three-fourths of consumers (78%).
b. other data points illustrating the benefits of editorial content for b2c companies
- Custom content included on a company's blog is important to the majority of consumers, as "60% of consumers feel engaged/positive with a brand or company after reading custom content on their blog "
- Most consumers (70%) prefer to "learn about a company through articles rather than ads."
- The vast majority of consumers (82%) reported that they "enjoy reading relevant content from brands."
- Many consumers (60%) "view a company more positively after reading custom content on its site."
YOUR RESEARCH TEAM APPLIED THE FOLLOWING STRATEGY:
We found the above-mentioned statistics by looking for articles published by reputable sources that specifically included consumer survey statistics pertaining to editorial content. Some sources of those article that we reviewed included industry sources SEO Tribunal and TechClient, among others. We ensured that our statistics pertain to the benefits of a B2C company investing in the creation and publication of editorial content by focusing on consumer data, not companies. We ensured that our findings are limited to a U.S. geographical scope by only using statistics specifically mentioning U.S. consumers and/or U.S.-based sources. Our findings pertain to storytelling content and blogs because those are two ways we found in which B2C companies produce editorial content.