Case Studies - Intranet Refresh: SharePoint
Dock 365 Inc., Canvas Group, and STLP Consulting are three companies who have successfully done an intranet refresh using SharePoint.
Dock 365 inc.
- According to a case study from Dock 365 Inc., SharePoint Intranet Portal makes it easy for the business users to communicate and has an easier user interface for faster user adoption.
- For Dock 365 Inc., searching through the intranet portal helped them to find information with ease.
- Including SharePoint has also provided the company with the advantage of customized company newsletters, alerts, document management, and upcoming events.
- Also, including SharePoint has helped Dock 365 Inc. to create vendor management, manage regulation documents, products, and services, risk assessment and monitoring, heat maps for risk associated in their departments, tracking upcoming committee meetings, and promotes collaboration and connectivity within employees.
- Canvas Group states that using SharePoint has provided design and creative direction to refresh one of their client's (Stockland) intranet sites, after considering responsive breakpoints, consistency of global navigation, and development of a suite of icons to facilitate usability.
- STLP Consulting undertook a broad scale consultative platform review for a large Federal Government Department.
- They refreshed their sites, applications, intranet, internet and records management using in-place RM, TRIM, and RecordPoint. STLP has made use of SharePoint for solution audits and produced strategic roadmaps for multiple organizations.
the royal borough of kensington and Chelsea
- The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, the smallest borough in London with royal status has utilized SharePoint 2003, 2007 and 2010 to help the borough migrate its intranet platform to a completely new environment.
- It included the designing and deploying of a completely new underlying infrastructure to support SharePoint 2010 platform, refresh the intranet information architecture, migrate the existing SharePoint 2003 portal and 2007 team based content to single 2010 platform, updated branding, and overall project management.
Your Research team applied the following Strategy:
Despite an extensive search, we were unable to locate case studies on companies who have successfully done an intranet refresh specifically using SharePoint. Majority of case studies available in the public domain focused on building a new Intranet system using SharePoint, instead of refreshing an existing one. However, we found several case studies pertaining to companies who have done an intranet refresh specifically using SharePoint, although without detailed data points.
First, we began by looking for recently published articles, reports, white papers, and studies on companies who have successfully done an intranet refresh specifically using SharePoint. Case study databases such as Clearbox, ScienceSoft, and Professional Advantage only provide case studies on companies who have information on the challenges, solutions, and benefits of using SharePoint as the intranet platform. We did not find any details that could suffice any of the criteria in the request.
As our second strategy, we looked for companies or agencies who have compiled a list of case studies regarding the said subject. We did find Workshares.co.uk which provided case studies about companies who have provided collaborative solutions for their staff, suppliers or clients alike using the SharePoint platform. Then, looking through all the companies' case studies, we came across the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea have provided a project that include designing and deploying of a completely new underlying infrastructure to support SharePoint 2010 platform, refresh of the intranet information architecture, migrate existing SharePoint 2003 portal and 2007 team based content to single 2010 platform, updated branding and overall project management. But the full detail context of this case study is not publicly available in the domain. We also looked for other details outside the source but there was no publicly available information about the intranet refresh in the organization's website nor other sources.
Third, we checked media sources, press releases, and consultancy or academic community to see if they have covered anything about companies who have successfully done an intranet refresh specifically using SharePoint. We looked into STLP Consulting, Elevatepoint, SCHED, Affirma Consulting, and others. However, we only found data on how using SharePoint is beneficial and other extraneous information.
To conclude, we found case studies of three companies who have successfully done an intranet refresh specifically using SharePoint. However, there is not enough data in the public domain to address the budget, goals, and duration of the intranet rejuvenation.