Instructional Designer List
To identify and select the top Instructional Designers that can facilitate the process of knowledge transfer, our research team searched through the industry-specific research and publishing websites. We mainly used a list compiled by the TrainingIndustry.com and its 2020 Top Custom Content Development Companies list, "which is based on thorough analysis of the capabilities, experience and expertise of custom content development providers." After identifying the potential companies and consultancies that specialize in creating courses or curriculums, the research team filtered candidates with the following criteria: US-based or not, targets corporate clients or individuals, does the company have reputable clients, if the companies provided any case studies or customer testimonials that can prove their previous experience. Followings are the companies that passed those conditions: CGS Enterprise Learning, Allencomm, Clarity Consultants, Ardent Learning, and Conduent.
CGS Enterprise Learning
Founded in 1984, CGS is a New York-based company with over 7,500 employees throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, The Middle East, and Asia. The company provides business applications, enterprise learning, and outsourcing services to its 3500 corporate clients worldwide. Depending on the business need of the client, CGS offers six solutions, such as align IT with business priorities, digital technology transformation, empower virtual teams, increase customer loyalty, meet omnichannel challenges, and onboard employees faster.
- Learning consulting services from CGS consists of three main components, such as advisory services, delivery and execution, and learning BPO.
- "Advisory services - focused on optimizing clients’ learning infrastructure, team staffing, project management, governance, leveraging internal systems and learning architecture"
- Delivery and execution - "Design, development and deployment of all learning solutions, including eLearning, virtual classrooms, mobile learning, instructors, job aids and customer training"
- Learning BPO - "Expertise in performance consulting, curriculum development, training administration, content development, gap analysis, rollouts, adoption, maintenance, QA, reporting and administration"
- Previously, CGS helped one of the largest telecommunications and media companies to roll out a large-scale technology project while bringing together two different sister companies under a single parent umbrella. Due to time restraints, the company needed to speed up its learning strategy. The client needed to analyze 100 existing courses /Instructor-led, Web-based training, and Blended learning/, conduct a gap analysis to identify missing courses. CGS used the Just-in-time Kanban approach to adapt quickly and give feedback immediately. At the end of the project, CGS delivered 123 assets in many different languages and provided training to 23'000 people within 4 months.
- CGS convert existing content or first-party source to Flash to HTML, ILT to VILT, PPT to WBT, and make those sources more accessible to the staff.
- Depending on the unique need of the client CGS offer different learning models. In one case, CGS helped the world's top insurance company to onboard new staff while making it interesting and exciting using gamification and AR technology.
- CGS also provides its best practices using easy to understand infographics, and on this document, they suggested to hire an experienced instructor when conducting instructor-led virtual training.
AllenComm is a digital learning agency that founded in 1981. According to the company's website, it creates custom training programs that "help large companies work better by transforming their content into performance-based learning experiences." AllenComm specializes in onboarding, sales enablement, compliance, and brand training.
- The company offers three options regarding instructional management systems, such as Custom Learning Portal where a client can modify as much as they want, Enterprise Learning Portal - a more template-based portal focused on the look and feel of the platform, Essential Learning Portal is more utilitarian with only essential features.
- The company's content creation approach involves five-step: define, design, curate, create and drive. The whole process is explained beautifully in the infographic below.
- AllenComm helped Nestlé to "prepare their business and employees to be ready for the future" digital transformation. "AllenComm built a robust learning experience that addresses the needs of four learning groups: marketing, sales, product development teams, and cross-functional teams." For this project, the company used gamification, interactive, web-based, responsive, and video methods.
- As the result, Nestlé sales grow "to outpace market growth at more than 150 growth index before 2023" and "Increase OMNI IQ among all employees with a post-training assessment score of 70% and above."
- AllenComm allow its client to use "DesignLab, a collaborative cloud-based design platform that makes it easy to keep your HTML5 courses and content fresh and relevant."
Clarity is an instructional design consultant with 25 years of experience. In 2020, Clarity was selected as the Top Training Companies by TrainingIndustry for the fourth time. The company offers the following services: eLearning development, Flash to HTML5 conversion, instructional design, leadership development, learning technology, and learning effectiveness, etc. Notable clients of the company include Coca-Cola, Walmart, Dell, Pfizer among others.
- The company develops wide-ranges of custom instructional management systems unique to the client, such as custom content development, simulation, mobile learning, blended learning, etc.
- The company offers Flash to HTML5 conversion so that the clients can re-use their in-house contents. The company does offer content development service.
- Moreover, Clarity help creates an effective learning strategy using a cohesive curriculum.
- By developing follow-up activities and training sessions, the company make sure effectiveness of the service.
- "A FORTUNE® 500 financial services company merged with the wealth management division of another financial services company and needed to train its newest employees on the company’s core trading system." A team of facilitators from Clarity with financial services backgrounds and extensive experience provided classroom training. As the result, all of the division’s employees get trained on the system within six months.
Ardent Learning is a New York-based consultancy company heavily focused on the automotive industry. Their notable clients are Honda, Infinity, KIA, Nissan, among others. Similar to other companies, the process of Ardent learning is divided into four main steps; consultation, design, development, and delivery.
- According to the company, Ardent learning takes a holistic approach learning and emphasizes that even though delivery is changed, human nature did not.
- The main differentiation point of the company is that "all curriculum designed and written at Ardent is based on the science of behavior."
- As per its website, the company offers "technology solutions and services that align with an organization’s technical environment enables a seamless integration for a learning solution."
- When designing learning models, Ardent's "Learning Architect develops comprehensive learning strategies that combine learning tools, platforms, and course content ."
According to the Trainingindustry, Conduent Learning is a New Jersey-based consultancy company that "provides custom course curriculum design and development tailored to customers’ specific business needs, ranging from product training to skills development to sales training across industries and delivery modalities."
- The company offers Learning supplier management services and Learning administration and delivery services. Both services offer outsourcing management and suggest utilizing the best third party suppliers.
- Regarding the learning models, Conduent curates specific programs depending on the client's need. According to the company, Conduent's "highly experienced learning professionals design a custom, hybrid learning solution comprised of a variety of delivery formats, such as: instructor-led training, virtual instructor-led training, eLearning, social learning and learning communities, even mobile and gamification."
- Compared to other companies, Conduent's learning administration service appears to be much more scalable and accessible. For instance, the company offers Learning administration robotic process automation (RPA), Learning 24/7 help desk support, and Scheduling services.