Innovative Hotels: Las Vegas
Examples of Las Vegas hotels that offer innovative digital personalized experiences include Caesars, Four Seasons, MGM Grand Las Vegas, The Marriott Hotel, Downtown Grand Hotel and Casino, Aria Hotels and Vdara Hotel and Spa.
- Caesars has invested in hybrid chatbot called Ivy to personalize guests experience.
- The chatbot acts like a virtual concierge text-messaging service.
- Once the guests arrives, they provide the hotel with their phone number, and they receive a message from "Ivy."
- Common questions are answered by a bot.
- The more personalized questions are answered by real people working in a call center.
- At Caesar's hotel the Linq in Las Vegas, they have introduced a food ordering service through mobile.
- While guests are around their property, for example, the lobby, they will be able to order food from the hotel's kitchen to be delivered where they are.
- Guests can choose to make mobile payments or charge the meals to their room or pay using credit cards.
- The mobile food ordering platform is a new innovation within the hospitality industry.
- Four seasons, like Caesars, uses chatbots to act as personal concierges to their guests.
- However, they have taken an innovative approach by providing means through which staff can translate messages into more than 100 languages.
- Guests are also able to message staff before and after their stay at the Four Seasons on several platforms including We Chat, Facebook, SMS, or the Four Seasons App.
- The service is well-known for its speed with replies coming in minutes and seconds.
MGM GRAND LAS VEGAS
- MGM Resorts improves users experience through their omnichannel platform and their mobile-optimized site.
- Visitors are able to make restaurant reservations at the hotel, and they can purchase tickets.
- Guests can check into their hotels immediately through their mobiles without needing to have booked a day in advance, unlike other hotels.
- Guests can check into their rooms without the need for staff. They can tap their phones against their room doors and enter their rooms.
- This self-service provides for the seamless guest experience.
- This digital innovation is one of their greatest innovative accomplishments and took 16 months to come up with, according to Lilian Tomovich, chief experience and marketing officer of MGM Resorts International.
THE MARRIOTT HOTEL
- The Marriott hotels use virtual reality technology to enhance the guests experience.
- The company launched VRoom guests service in 2015.
- The service allows guests to book a virtual reality experience in their rooms.
- The hotel provides guests with Samsung VR headset gear and headphones in their rooms.
- They also offer guests a service called VR Postcards that allow guests to experience immersive travel stories.
- This service is experienced in 360-degree 3D through the virtual reality headset.
- Marriott's VP of Global Brand Management states that this is an inventive space that fosters thinking and creativity
DOWNTOWN GRAND HOTEL AND CASINO
- The hotel uses Aruba technology to transform every room into a smart room.
- The smart rooms have location-based services and Internet of Things capabilities.
- Location-based services are used to improve guests security within the hotel.
- The rooms have extra ports that allow guests to plug in other IoT devices without needing extra cabling.
- The hotel uses smart rooms to customize guest experiences by having an integrated smart system that control lighting and temperature, HVAC Units, and even door locks.
- Aruba technology is an innovative technology that offers wireless, security, and location services and products that provide new services to guests.
- Aria Hotels also provide guests with smart rooms.
- The smart rooms are installed with tablets that allow guests to ask for services without going through room service
- These services include asking for towels, ordering meals ahead, adjusting room lighting to their liking, reading them the news, among others. This makes services to guests faster as they do not have to go through other providers such as busy kitchen staff.
- This is innovative since, through the use of a few buttons, they will be able to request their services.
VDARA HOTEL AND SPA
- Vdara Hotel and Spa is a nongaming hotel found on the Las Vegas Strip.
- The hotel has a pair of relay robots known as Jett and Fetch.
- The robots are used to deliver snacks and goodies to guests rooms.
- The robots are a novelty within the hotel and are also used to personalize guests experiences.
- This is an innovative and relatively unique idea as it is still relatively new in the industry.