Science and Technology Innovation - Gatherings and Events: Part One
Fifteen gatherings attended by engineers, tech experts, entrepreneurs, and scientists who are focused on technology innovation, science and technology forward-thinking development, or uses of science technology include conferences on research, electronic imaging, marine science and technology, food science and technology, disaster risk reduction, wood science and technology, membrane science and technology, and others. These conferences have been held or will be held in locations like London, UK; Burlingame, California, USA; Quindao, China; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; New Orleans, Louisiana, USA; the Netherlands; Tokyo, Japan; Berlin, Germany; and more. Details for these events are below.
3rd International Conference on Modern Research in Science, Engineering and Technology
- The 3rd International Conference on Modern Research in Science, Engineering and Technology is scheduled for December 19-21, 2019, in London, UK.
- This conference brings together academia, researchers and scholars to share their experience and research in all aspects of engineering technology, physical and life sciences, health and medicine, and more. Topics include artificial intelligence, data mining, nanotechnology and smart materials, earth sciences, astronomy, oceanography, alternative health, food safety, mathematics, statistics, and more.
- There will also be discussions on the "latest innovations, trends and practical concerns and challenges faced in these fields."
- This event was selected because of the wide range of science and technology topics, to include innovation, forward-thinking development, and uses of science technology.
IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology
- The IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology is scheduled for January 26-30, 2020, in Burlingame, California, USA.
- This symposium is a joint effort of 17 technical conferences that cover all aspects of electronic imaging, including 3D measurement and data processing, autonomous vehicles and machines, computational imaging, engineering reality and virtual reality, food and agricultural imaging systems, and more.
- The symposium features short technical courses taught by experts in these fields, technology demonstrations, social events, poster presentations, an exhibition, and open access proceedings.
- This event was selected because of its focus on innovative technologies and its inclusion of a variety of scientific and technical industries.
World Marine Science and Technology Conference
- The World Marine Science and Technology Conference was held September 23-26, 2019, in Qingdao, China.
- This conference featured the theme, "Innovating Maritime Technology for Industrial Progress," and its goal was to "strengthen exchanges in the international marine science and technology field, promote the level of opening up to the outside world, and gather global marine talents, academic and industrial resources."
- Topics covered at the conference included the development of marine science, the "utilization and protection of marine resources, engineering, equipment, future progress, and marine education.
- This event was selected because of its focus on using science to advance marine technology on an international scale.
ICEST 2020: 1st International Conference on Engineering, Science and Technology
- The ICEST 2020: 1st International Conference on Engineering, Science and Technology is scheduled for February 22-23, 2020, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The conference's theme is "Science and Technology for Sustainable Development" and will "address novel innovations and challenges in the field of Engineering Science and Technology."
- The goals of this conference are to promote information exchange by providing a platform for field professionals to present their ongoing research and to provide networking opportunities with international colleagues.
- This event was selected because it is focused on innovations in science and technology that will impact sustainable development.
Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Annual Conference
- The ASTC Annual Conference is scheduled for October 17-20, 2020, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
- While there is no program yet for the 2020 conference, the 2019 conference included workshop sessions on "Youth Voices on Innovation," "How to Get Your City Talking About Science," "Education and Science Communication," "Virtual Reality and Immersive Technologies," "Climate Change Program," and many more.
- The goal of this conference is to provide networking and professional development opportunities for professionals working in science centers and museums.
- This event was selected because of its focus on a variety of science and technology topics applicable to education and employment.
4S 2019 New Orleans Society for Social Studies of Science Annual Meeting
- The 4S 2019 New Orleans Annual Meeting was held September 4-7, 2019, in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
- The theme for this conference was "Innovations, Interruptions, Regenerations," and focused on science and technology study (STS) "innovations in different locations — in education, research, practice, and academic organizing."
- Workshop sessions included topics such as innovative interruptions in STS, advancement of "critical perspectives of ideas, practices and infrastructures in STS itself," and discussions about the STS future.
- This event was selected for its focus on innovations in science and technology studies, specifically on how interruptions can lead to innovation.
The European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) 33rd International Conference
- The EFFoST 33rd International Conference was held November 12-14, 2019, in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- EEFoST's theme for this year's conference was "Sustainable Food Systems — Performing by Connecting," and it focused on new technologies and developments in the "production of sustainable and healthy food for all in a changing world."
- This conference featured 130 oral presentations and 400 poster presentations on topics such as oral processing, consumer trust, perception and engagement, circular food systems, food for performance in sport, and 3D food printing.
- This event was selected because of its focus on innovation in food science and technology for the purposes of creating more sustainable food systems.
International Conference on Polymer Science and Technology
- The International Conference on Polymer Science and Technology will be held March 23-24, 2020, in Barcelona, Spain.
- The theme for this event is "Fueling the core of innovations in Polymer Sciences and Technologies," and will offer an "unprecedented opportunity for Polymer Scientists, Polymer Chemists, Professors, Assistant Professors, Researchers, Research Scholars, Scientists, Dean, Head of Departments, Students to share their research with colleagues, to discuss and debate the latest technologies & advances in the field of Polymers."
- Sessions include "Polymer Science — The Future," "Polymer Chemistry," "Biopolymers and Bioplastics," "Polymer Rheology," "Smart and Functional Polymers," and "Polymers in Industries."
- This event was selected because of its theme that is geared around innovations in polymer sciences and technologies.
2020 Asia Pacific Science and Technology Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction
- The 2020 Asia Pacific Science and Technology Conference for Disaster Risk Reduction is scheduled for March 16-17, 2020, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The goal for this conference is to use the Sendai Framework "substantially increase the number of countries with national and local disaster risk reduction strategies by 2020" to ensure the solutions and strategies that are being developed are "science and innovation evidence-based."
- There will also be demonstrations of "successful applications of science and technology in preventing and mitigating risks from different types of hazards including flood, earthquake, drought, health and other climate related hazards."
- This event was selected because of its focus on ensuring solutions to disaster risk reduction strategies are based on innovations in science and technology.
3rd International Conference on Membrane Science and Technology
- The 3rd International Conference on Membrane Science and Technology is scheduled for September 20-21, 2020, in Berlin, Germany.
- No theme or program has been published for the 2020 conference yet, but the 2018 conference states that the goal of the event is to "provide many opportunities to network and discuss science and Industrial Membrane technology, ensure equity of opportunity, find new funding and research opportunities, and build collaborations and contacts with international colleagues."
- Topics discussed at the conference included "Membrane Fouling Mechanisms," "Membranes and Technology," "Bio-Tech & Bio-Med Applications of Membranes," "Membranes for Water & Wastewater," "New Membrane Materials and New Trends," and others.
- This event was selected because of its niche focus on membranes and technology use across various industries.
US-Korea Conference on Science, Technology and Entrepreneurship 2019
- The US-Korea Conference on Science, Technology and Entrepreneurship 2019 was held August 14-17, 2019, in Rosemont, Illinois, USA.
- This conference was designed to facilitate "US-Korea cooperation on recent developments in science, engineering, technology, industry, and entrepreneurship," and had the theme ""Smart Science, Engineering and Health for Livable Communities."
- A goal of this event was to address technological challenges related to building livable communities and featured "plenary sessions, symposiums, forums and workshops that cover broad areas of science and technology."
- This event was selected due to its focus on entrepreneurship's role in science and technology innovation.
International Association for Cereal Science and Technology 2020 Cereal and Bread Conference
- The International Association for Cereal Science and Technology 2020 Cereal and Bread Conference is scheduled for April 15-17, 2020, in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- This conference is in its 16th year and will feature "plenary and concurrent sessions embracing the challenges and opportunities facing the cereal science community."
- There are several themes for this event, including "sustainable agricultural technology systems," "Milling and bread making technology," "molecular approaches to grain breeding," and more.
- This event was selected because of its dedication to using science and technology innovations to improve the "safety and quality of cereal-based foods."
Chemical and Biological Defense Science & Technology Conference
- The Chemical and Biological Defense Science & Technology Conference was held November 18-21, 2019, in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
- Members of the chemical and biological defense community gathered to explore the "latest in innovative basic and applied research, and collaborate with leaders in the chem/bio defense arena."
- Session topics included "CB Recon and Remote Sensing Technologies," "Advanced Topics in Hazard Prediction," "Organoids and Organs-on-a-Chip Revolutionizing Drug Development," "Developing Solutions for the Future Fight," "Warfighter Technology Integration: From the Lab to the Field," and more.
- This event was selected based on its focus on innovative research related to using science and technology to defend against chemical and biological warfare.
International Society of Wood Science and Technology International Convention
- The International Society of Wood Science and Technology International Convention was held October 20-25, 2019, in Yosemite Park, California, USA.
- This convention's overall theme was "Renewable Materials and the Wood-based BioEconomy," and featured sessions on wood physics and mechanics, biodegration and preservation, international innovation, trends and education in wood science, and environmental disturbances.
- Events at the convention included an early stage researcher session, technical sessions, poster session, a student poster competition, business meetings, and an award presentation.
- This convention was selected based on its inclusion of a session on international innovation in the area of wood science and technology.
Food Tech 2020: 4th World Congress on Food Science, Processing and Technology
- Food Tech 2020: 4th World Congress on Food Science, Processing and Technology is scheduled for February 24-25, 2020, in Tokyo, Japan.
- The theme for this event is "Exploring the Advanced Innovative Trends & Strategies in Food Science Technology," and researchers, students, and delegates are invited to "witness a valuable scientific discussion and contribute to the future innovations in the field of Food Science, Processing and Technology."
- The conference will focus on the latest innovations in all areas of food and science to include sessions on "food science & technology," "food processing," "food chemistry," "food toxicology," "food security," "food engineering," "food safety," and more.
- This event was selected because of its narrow focus on innovations in food science technology.