Ingestible Collagen for Beauty Leaders (China)
- The Asia-Pacific collagen market is expected to experience a CAGR increase of 4.87% within the next five years.
- China makes up the largest portion of the Asia Pacific collagen market, standing at 35.48% as of 2017.
- The top ingestible collagen for beauty leaders in China are Kino Biotech, Hangzhou Nutrition Biotechnology, and Xiamen Hyfine Gelatin.
Key Findings — Kino Biotech
- Kino Biotech is a bio-nutraceutical and cosmeceutical company based in Singapore.
- Kino Biotech's beauty and healthcare products reach more than 1.5 billion customers in China, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia.
- The company describes its "functional" (collagen) drinks as the key to its business.
- Kino Biotech is considered a top company not only because of its ownership of prolific brands such as Kinohimitsu, Activa and Xpertise, but also, due to its exigency in the market.
- These brands primarily produce ingestible collagen in the form of powder.
- In 2011, Kino Biotech was still operating under a brick and mortar business model. By the second half of 2015, the company had entered the e-commerce market, formed relationships with pharmaceutical distributors, and established its own e-commerce platform known as Kinofy.
- As of January 2020, the Kino Biotech share price has experienced a 46% increase in share price over the last three years.
Key Findings — Hangzhou Nutrition Biotechnology Co. Ltd
- Hangzhou Nutrition is a company that specializes in FSMP (foods for special medical purpose) and collagen peptide powder products.
- The company's most prominent product is a fish collagen peptide, which is extracted from the bones, scales, and skin of the fish.
- In 2012, HNB completed a project from the government purposed towards the optimization of fish collagen peptide, and more specifically, its bioavailability as a quality protein.
- Its inclusion is justified through its accolades -- the aforementioned governmental project was received as an outstanding contribution to the industry, and in 2014, the company was given a top award by the Chinese National Government.
Key Findings — Xiamen Hyfine Gelatin Co. Ltd
- Xiamen Hyfine Gelatin is a company that specializes in ingestible gelatin that are derived from animal collagen.
- Among its main products are edible gelatin, protein gelatin, and bone gelatin.
- The company's inclusion is due to its annual output of 6500 tons of various collagen and certifications.
- Xiamen Hyfine Gelatin has a strict control on their production, as shown by its FDA, HACCP, ISO9001: 2000, HALAL, and HEALTH certifications (among many others).