Sandra Sanderson and Derek Kent
Sandra Sanderson is one of the successful marketing executives who has worked with several major brands, including Walmart Canada, Coca Cola, P&G, and Kraft. She has vast experience in strategic marketing from consumer packaged and retail goods. Derek Kent is an accomplished and award-winning marketer with extensive experience in communication and management in the political, agency, and corporate fields.
- Sandra Sanderson is an alumnus of Ivey Business School at Western University. She started working in 1988 at P&G and later moved to Kraft in 1993. She then got employment at Coca Cola where she worked as the Vice President of Consumer Marketing for the company's Minute Maid division from 1997 to 2000.
- Sandra Sanderson worked at Canada Post from 2000 to 2003. She led the establishment of a new brand strategy for the company. She also worked at Universal Studios Home Entertainment as the Vice President of Marketing.
- From 2005 to 2008 she worked at Danier Leather as the Chief Marketing Officer. She was in charge of operational management and strategic leadership of the company's marketing department. She oversaw advertising, visual merchandising, creative development, public relations, market research promotions, and store design.
- She has also worked from 2008 to 2013 at Shoppers Drug Mart as the SVP of marketing. She contributed to the effectiveness of the company's marketing through the incorporation of multi-channel campaigns, growth of the Optimum Loyalty Program, customer incentives, and financial services.
- Additionally, she contributed to the company's marketing success through customer engagement through an initiative called the Shoppers Drug Mart WOMEN Health. She also led the launching of new private label brands and promotion of innovation in the digital channel.
- From 2013 to 2016 she worked as the Executive Vice-President of Marketing and later became the chief marketing and quality officer at Walmart Canada from 2016 to 2017. She played a significant role in the relaunching of fresh food by the company.
- From February 2017 to 2018 she worked as the Senior Vice President(SVOP) of marketing at White House Black Market, a company in Florida, US. She was in charge of marketing for the 400-store boutique.
- Besides, Sandra Sanderson has served as an advisor in several industries and marketing committees, including "Chair of the Senior Retail Marketing Committee at the Retail Council of Canada from 2006 to 2011", and also on the Shopper Marketing Forum Advisory Board. She has also been a senior judge for the CMA Awards.
- Sandra is a notable speaker in many industry conferences, including the Young Women of Influence.
- She's currently the SVP marketing at Sobeys working under Michael Medline. She is in charge of the administration of the company's overall brand, omnichannel integrated marketing, loyalty, analytics, and insights.
- Her notable contribution as a marketer has earned her a reward in 2015 where she was named as one of the Canadian Grocer's Star Women. In 2012 she was named by Strategy as the Marketer of the year.
- Derek Kent started working in 1993 as a press secretary and political advisor for the Minister of Health in Canada. He worked for seven years, and he was able to make a significant contribution to the launch of cigarette warning labels. He also contributed to the development of major press materials and messages.
- He was a notable player at Veritas Communications from 2000 to 2003. Mr. Kent contributed to the management of the organization's financial direction, marketing strategy, corporate strategy, and personnel strategy. He also helped the agency to execute product launches and public strategy for fortune 500 multi-national brands like GSK, NIKE, Labat, and Medtronic.
- From 2008 to 2012, Mr. Kent was a key player in creating media strategy and corporate communications for retail stores and global product launches at Nike, Inc. He also led the company's corporate communication strategy and successfully established media relations, investor, and shareholder meetings.
- From 2011 to 2018, he was the Chief Marketing Officer at the Canadian Olympic Committee. He contributed to the growth of the organization's income by developing a great connection between sponsors, athletes, and fans. This was effected through digital marketing programs, grassroots community programs, national advertising campaigns, and innovative sponsorship program with maximum return on investment.
- From 2018 to date, he is working as the Head of Brand Communication at Restaurant Brand International. He is in charge of integrating the company's communication roadmap to help generate growth.
- He was named the Marketer of The Year for Light It Up Hockey and Run TO marketing campaigns. Derek Kent created unconventional, compelling, and targeted marketing strategies that helped Nike to engage with their target customers holistically.
- His remarkable campaigns include the award-winning "Give Your Everything" for London 2012, "WeAreWinter" for Sochi 2014, and #NowOrNever for TO2015 Pan Americans Games.
- Derek Kent is an alumnus of Western University where he studied BA Political Science and Government. He can speak both English and French.
- Mr. Kent is a native of Montreal and currently resides in Toronto with his wife and two children.
- He was a member of the Western University rugby team. He enjoys playing golf and hockey and has also completed two Toronto Marathons.
During our search, we could not find the personal information for Sandra Sanderson. We began by looking at her profile on the company's website and LinkedIn hoping to find any information about her personal life like hobbies and marital status. We only found information on her career background and achievements.
We then proceeded to look for her personal information from articles, interviews, and other publication. We found sources like the Canadian Grocer, Shopper Marketing Forum, Grocery Business, and the Strategy that provided her professional background. There was no information about her hobbies, family background, or anything related to her personal life.
We also searched for her Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram profiles. We were hoping to find any information that is linked to her personal interests and family background. After searching through different similar profiles, we were not able to find the profile of the requested individual. We went further to check her LinkedIn profile for photos or contents she has shared, which would help guide our search or provide insights into her personal life. But, this attempt was unfruitful.
We also attempted to find her biodata using sources like Holaconnect and ZoomInfo, but we could not find any personal information. We were not able to provide information beyond what is already provided in this research because of the lack of publicly available data on the individual.