Financial Adviser Influencers-Part 1
Bill Winterberg, Matt Ackerman, Steve Sandusky, Danielle (Dani) Fava, and Dave Ramsey are five influencers within the financial advisor industry. The requested details on these influencers have been compiled in the attached spreadsheet. A brief overview of the findings can be found below:
- Bill Winterberg is the founder and president of FPPad.com.
- Being a certified financial planner with years of experience as a registered investment advisor, Winterberg provides technology consultancy services to financial professionals.
- He is a fintech vlogger and a keynote speaker and is widely recognized among financial advisors.
- Bill Winterberg graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from the Cogswell Polytechnical College. Winterberg earned Certified Financial Planner™ certification in 2005.
- Bill Winterberg started his professional career as a software engineer at LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. in 1998.
- In 2006, he entered the financial services industry and served as CEO and senior financial planner at Winterberg Advisory Group, LLC. He also served as an operations manager at CMC Advisers, LLC for two years.
- In 2010, Winterberg joined the Financial Planning Association of Dallas/Fort Worth as a technology director.
- Winterberg also served as a technology columnist at Morningstar Adviser for four years.
- In 2008, he founded FPPad.com to provide technology consultancy services to financial advisors.
- Matt Ackerman graduated from Seton Hall University with a Bachelor's degree in Communications in 1997.
- Ackerman started his career as a reporter at the NJ Law Journal.
- In March 2000, he joined SourceMedia and served as an online managing editor for 11 years and later, as an online editor-in-chief for more than a year.
- In 2013, he joined InvestmentNews as a digital editor and was promoted to director of digital content in 2014.
- Currently, he is serving as the director of multimedia at InvestmentNews.
- Steve Sandusky is the co-founder and CEO of ROL Adviser, a software and training company that serves financial advisors from over 250 advisory firms in 11 countries.
- Sandusky is also a coach, podcaster, and NYT Bestselling Author.
- Steve Sandusky graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Finance from Illinois State University.
- He received his MBA from Indiana University.
- Steve Sandusky is a Certified Financial Planner™ and had "held the Series 7, 24, 63, and 65 securities licenses."
- Steve Sandusky started his career as a pricing and scheduling analyst at Caterpillar Inc. in 1984.
- From 1989 to 1990, he served as a financial analyst at HP.
- He also served as a financial manager at Call Interactive for three years.
- From 1993 to 1999, he served as the vice president of business development at Securities America, Inc.
- Steve Sandusky served as managing partner at Peak Advisor Alliance for more than 11 years.
- In 2012, he founded Belay Advisor to provide coaching to financial advisors and leaders.
Danielle (Dani) Fava
- Dani Fava is the director of institutional innovation at TD Ameritrade Institutional.
- She was named one of the "top 16 women in Wealthtech 2019 by ThinkAdvisor."
- Dani Fava graduated from Wagner College with a B.S. in Finance and Financial Management Services.
- She is currently attending The Wharton School.
- Dani Fava served as a senior business analyst at Checkfree Investment Services.
- From 2005 to 2009, she served at Citi as the vice president of product management.
- Dani Fava also served as a senior product manager at Fiserv for nearly three years.
- In 2012, she joined TD Ameritrade Institutional where she served as senior product manager for seven years before being promoted to director of innovation and director of institutional product strategy & development in 2016.
- Founder of Ramsey Solutions, Dave Ramsey is among the most influential financial gurus in the US. His radio show, The Dave Ramsey Show, is one of the top five radio talk shows in the US. Around 13 million people listen to The Dave Ramsey Show on over 600 radio stations.
- Ramsey graduated from the University of Tennessee with a bachelor’s degree in finance and real estate.
- After seeing both early success and bankruptcy, Ramsey decided to share his experience with others. In 1992, he established the Lampo Group, now known as Ramsey Solutions, to provide financial counseling services.
We were unable to find a direct email or contact form for Dani Fava and hence we used third-party email finders including Hunter.io, RocketReach, and SignalHire, to provide her direct email. Additionally, no LinkedIn account for Dave Ramsey could be found after combing through his company website, third-party websites such as RocketReach, and Ramsey Solution's LinkedIn page.