Top Influencers - Twitter
Twitter influencers in the engineering, manufacturing, and simulation software spaces were found. Most of these influencers are experts in their field or employees of popular engineering and CAD software companies, such as Autodesk. A list of these influencers can be found in the attached spreadsheet.
- Bobak Ferdowski is an engineer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and has 124.3K followers on Twitter.
- Mary Barra is the CEO of GM and has a total of 51K followers on Twitter.
- Sam Mikhail is an expert in Engineering and Manufacturing and a leader in product development and cost reduction. He has 6,620 followers on Twitter.
- Paul Munford is Technical Marketing Manager at Autodesk and has 4,988.
- Martyn Day is the Co-founder of Develop3D, AEC Magazine, and D3DLIVE, which are publications and events aimed at design with CAD software. He has 4,024 followers on Twitter.
Our search for top influencers started by looking for pre-compiled lists by reputable sources. Our first site was Klear, which is a site that ranks influencers based on factors such as engagement, reach, demographics, and network. We used the site for both Manufacturing and Simulation Software tabs as the site listed mainly software engineers which doesn't align with the rest of the criteria given to us. We looked at the ones that had a high Klear score and then looked at their followers. We made sure that we focused on the ones with the most followers. We looked at their tweets to ensure they focused on the topics we were looking for. There were some anomalies, such as some that we found and placed in the manufacturing tab. For example, even though Russ Bowman is an Application Engineer for EXAIR, he tweets a lot about the topic of manufacturing. EXAIR is a manufacturer of compressed air products.
As you can see, there some accounts we placed in the spreadsheet with a few thousand followers. Unlike Instagram, there is no set definition in terms of followers for an influencer on Twitter. Also, when we looked at the hashtags for manufacturing and simulation software (CAD), we realized that most tweets came from companies and accounts with very few followers. There are not many Twitter users with a lot of followers who tweet about #manufacturing. Hence, we believe that even though the followers are in the few thousands for influencers in the topics of simulation software and manufacturing, these are most likely the most influential on Twitter in these areas.