Oribe; Influencer Marketing Strategy
The Oribe brand of hair care products has successfully used certain core influencer marketing strategies and tactics to appeal to a wide audience for over a decade. These strategies and tactics center around partnering with professional models from a variety of ethnic backgrounds who already have an established media presence and showcasing traditional hairstyles with new technology.
Official Influencers or Ambassadors
- According to Influence.co, the average engagement rate of Oribe official influencers is 3.325.
- Helen Owen has been an official influencer for Oribe and currently has the largest reach of all Oribe influencers at 1.5 million, according to Influence.co.
- Kelsey Adams has been an official influencer for Oribe on and currently has the second largest reach of 156,000, according to Influence.co.
- The official ambassador who was featured on Oribe's website last year was Janelle Therese.
Core Influencer Strategies
- A core influencer strategy that Oribe uses is to partner with professional models who already have an established media presence both in print and online.
- Oribe partners with influencers and ambassadors who are youthful, beautiful women with long flowing hair from different ethnic backgrounds as a core influencer strategy to appeal to a wider audience.
- The influencers and ambassadors who partner with Oribe are also presented as being sexy, casual, versatile, and trendy global travelers.
Previous Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- Oribe featured a "Get the Look" influencer marketing campaign on YouTube earlier this year that showcased traditional hairstyles like the messy bun, the blowout, and the twist while spotlighting their dry texturizing spray products. All of these hairstyles reflect the Oribe image of sexy, casual, and versatile.
- Oribe also featured a "Curlfest" influencer marketing campaign on Facebook earlier this year that showcased long curly hair and spotlighted their Moisture and Control hair care collection. The message of this campaign was to be natural and casual, wash and go.
- In 2017, Oribe featured a "#GoldLust" influencer marketing campaign on Twitter that advertised as "The Fountain of Youth" for hair and spotlighted their Repair and Restore hair care collection.
Brand Elements & Tactics
- Oribe successfully combines the elements of casual and luxury, old world and new world with traditional hairstyles and new technology.
- This brand continues to use the tactic of showcasing their hair care products around the world on professional models in the fashion industry and A-list celebrities.
- Oribe also uses the tactic of "inventing and reinventing to continue to strengthen influence on the hair and fashion that defines generations."
We first researched information about significant influencers and ambassadors for the Oribe brand from multiple credible sources like Influence.co, Oribe official influencer and ambassador social media pages, and Oribe's company website. We then researched Oribe's social media pages on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter to gather more insights on their influencer marketing strategies and tactics from previous influencer marketing campaigns. We also researched more in depth on Oribe Canales' success, philosophy, and vision for his brand to complete our findings.