Life Coaching / Performance Coaching Clients: Types of Professionals
The type of professionals who work with life/performance coaches include musicians, sports persons/athletes, actors and actresses, entrepreneurs, salespersons, and politicians.
- The music industry is a dynamic and ever-changing profession which requires one to constantly come up with new songs in order to keep themselves relevant and continuously grab the attention of the audience and satisfy their musical needs. Therefore, some musicians enlist the services of a life/performance coach to help them raise their standards when they feel they have reached a dead end.
- The life coach then assists the musician(s) by giving them the advice to help them surmount some of the challenges that might be hindering their progress as artists and that could be preventing them from reaching their full potential. Just as the music group Metallica did when they hired a life coach.
- A life coach then trains the musician to put them in a position where they can challenge themselves and be better than what they think they can be and sharpen their awareness to maximize their personal and professional life.
- A life coach also gives the musician the added advantage of being present to hold them accountable to what they had set out to achieve.
2. Sports Person/Athlete
- Sports is a demanding and high-performance industry that requires full focus to perform at an optimal level and have an edge over the competitors.
- A life coach can also help the athlete in overcoming their fears and personal struggles. They do this by coming up with mental tactics and manoeuvres that help maintain their focus during their sporting activities.
- A performance/life coach can guide, assist, and inspire the athletes to help narrow the gap between where they are and where they want to be like. Von Miller who had issues with the law in the past, hired a coach to help turn his life around. Now, he’s not only a Super Bowl champion but also an MVP.
3. Actor and Actress
- Life coaches help actors and actresses to be highly successful in their field by maintaining focus to achieve their goals.
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Sandra Bullock, Angelina Jolie, and George Clooney are examples of highly successful actors and actresses who have previously enlisted the help of a life coach to help them focus better and achieve their goals.
- They also help them in preparing for auditions by sharpening their audition techniques to bring out the best impression as well as assisting them in working on set.
- The life coach also helps them define their voice and niche, to master, for example, drama and single-camera situations or sets or multi-camera sets.
- They can also help them find an agent or manager or revamp their representation in order to move forward. Life coaches also help actors and actresses by giving them advice that balances their acting careers with their family obligations or other responsibilities.
- Life coaches help entrepreneurs create foundational habits by solidifying their vision and streamline their entrepreneurial pursuit as in the case of the chairman of Alphabet (former CEO of Google), Eric Schmidt.
- They also help them create a marketing strategy that is aligned with today's modern competitive business world and to build a team that can best help them fulfill their roles as leaders.
- Life coaches also work with entrepreneurs in order to find ways of optimizing revenue generation and in setting up systems and structures that enable their businesses to thrive.
- A life coach helps a politician to thoroughly explore the basics of running their office to ensure that they create the best vision to assist them to put together a team that will support their vision as in the case of former U.S. President Bill Clinton who worked with life coach Tony Robbins.
- They work with politicians to develop political leadership goals that reflect their character so that their constituency can better get to know who the person is and what they stand for.
- Life coaches work with politicians to prepare them for opposing views and put them in a good position to effectively take part in civil, intelligent debates and handle opposing viewpoints with integrity.
- Life coaches guide and train politicians on their speaking style so that they are comfortable in front of different types of groups which could be holding similar or divergent views to theirs.
- Life coaches assist also after an election—whether holding office or assessing a loss—to maximize the agenda, vision, and plan for future success.
6. Sales Person
- Sales is an insistent job that requires demanding skills to maintain key performance indicators and this constant expectation to fulfill targets can at times bring stress.
- To cope with the stress, a life coach can help formulate focused sales strategies to put them in a better position to handle the sales expectations and the stress involved in the workplace.
- The life coach can also help them uncover if low sales are brought about by poor sales strategies and company goals or if the salesperson requires sales management training altogether.
- A life/performance coach trains the salesperson to not only develop effective sales strategies but also teach them how to approach potential clients and refine their persuasive skills throughout the entire sales process.