Food & Beverages Trends In 2020
Three additional food trends for 2020 include immediate service, sustainability, and longevity. Meanwhile, two beverage trends in food sector for 2020 are Ready to Drink cocktails and bright drinks for Instagram.
Two to three trends in foods in food service sector for 2020
- Consumers anticipate their food to be on demand and require additional services that satisfy their existing needs.
- This particular trend is not new, but it is predicted to elevate in 2020 to a new level.
- Consumers who are more strapped for time with hectic schedules, but do not desire to vacate their health objectives, or halt their interest for brand-new ingredients, need food and beverage retailers and manufacturers to extend their attention to them and satisfy their expectations.
- With less available time for cooking meals, people have been seeking to modify types of purchases and methods that simplify their lives for decades.
- Food waste is a crucial challenge for consumers, as they lack enthusiasm towards the end product.
- A sensible consumer considers the environmental impacts of food products, taking into consideration the derivation of these products, the amount of energy administered, and develop a desire for reusable or recyclable materials.
- Transparency is a major factor. Shoppers wish to be familiar with where their food is coming from and are searching for brands/restaurants whose products are not shrouded in mystery, along with those that are reflective of their personal values.
- Healthy eating, according to Global Food World Magazine, is connected to healthy aging and a prolonged life.
- Items for healthy aging are no longer just a concern for consumers exceeding the age of 60 years old, as people from all age cohorts are more knowledgeable of the products they are consuming.
- Individuals are considerate of the impact food has on their appearance, overall health, and lifespan.
- Manufacturers are increasingly targeting the anti-aging function of antioxidants in different food groups, including honey, berries, and olive oil.
Two to three trends in beverages in the food service sector for 2020
READY TO DRINK COCKTAILS
- Ready to Drink or RTD cocktails have arrived and brand-new versions are currently being marketed by both well-established and startup labels.
- Consumers that are conscious of their health are appealed by the low sugar and alcohol, as well as the natural ingredients, that these cocktails contain.
- Younger consumers who are well versed and scrupulous are the primary target audience of these beverages.
- The predominant attraction is the ability to share the product with companions (on social media or in person) and the fashionable packaging.
BRIGHT DRINKS FOR INSTAGRAM
- Presentation is crucial when it involves food and beverages. Around 80% of shoppers are inclined to buy a product because of a suggestion from a friend. Businesses are attempting to produce goods that are aesthetically-satisfying, notably for sharing on social media.
- Bright colors are recommended for these beverages and the favorites are pink, blue, and green.
- However, the taste of the drink is important as well. Pink is exquisite, particularly when unified with a mixer. It can provide tartness with raspberries and a sweet taste with strawberries, which grants it variety and a sophisticated appearance.
We selected the food trends by observing a list of food trends in 2020. We chose those that were repeated, considering these were popular trends. We Selected the beverage trends from the only list available for beverage trends for 2020.