CES Health - Part 1
L'Oréal introduced a wearable prototype called My Skin Track pH that was honored the CES 2019 Innovation Award in the wearable tech category. Oticon Kaizn by Oticon is the first personal AI assistant for ears that was honored the 2019 CES Best of Innovation Award in the Software and Mobile Apps category and has been named as the CES Innovation Honoree in the Tech for a Better World category.
My Skin Track pH — L'Oréal USA (Beauty)
- L'Oréal introduced a wearable prototype called My Skin Track pH that was honored the CES 2019 Innovation Award in the wearable tech category.
- The new technology was co-developed with La Roche Posey, a subsidiary of L'Oréal.
- The wearable is capable of detecting skin pH levels. Keeping track of the skin's pH level can prevent skin conditions such as eczema, dryness, and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- "The wearable has to be placed on the inner arm for 15 minutes or however long it takes for the two dots to take on color. Then, the wearer has to open My Skin Track pH app on their phone and take a picture of it. (The dots can assess sweat biomarkers such as pH, glucose, lactate, chloride, as well as local sweat loss and sweat rate.) The app will process what it sees, along with how much a user is sweating, and make a product recommendation".
- Standard UK reported that My Skin Track pH was being developed for two years and people can adjust their skincare according to the result.
- For people with healthy skin, tracking their pH levels could make them obsessive about something the body naturally regulates on its own.
- This device got a lot of media coverage because this small, thin, flexible sensor represented the next frontier in personalized skincare technology for L’Oréal, the global beauty leader.
Successful Media Coverage
- PRNewswire: L'Oréal Unveils Prototype Of First-Ever Wearable Microfluidic Sensor To Measure Skin pH Levels
- TheVerge: L’Oréal’s newest prototype detects wearers’ skin pH levels
- Standard UK: L’Oreal’s new wearable lets you test the pH of your skin and it's perfect for people with eczema
- Wearable Technologies: CES 2019 Healthcare Wearable: L’Oreal My Skin Track pH Breaks Cover
- Gizmodo UK: CES 2019: This Nifty L'Oreal Sensor Will Suggest Skin Care Tips Based On Your pH Levels
- MSN: L'Oréal's new skin tracker tech debuts at CES
- Marketing Media: L'Oréal, Olay's tech gurus provide a peek into beauty's future at CES
Oticon Kaizn (Health)
- Oticon Kaizn is the first personal AI assistant for ears. It received the 2019 CES Best of Innovation Award in the Software and Mobile Apps category and CES Innovation Honoree in the Tech for a Better World category.
- Besides introducing the first AI assistant, the developer of Kaizn, Oticon, made a revolution on hearing care and pushed the boundaries of hearing aid capabilities.
- Tech Digest states that this product is the future of hearing aids because the 2.4GHz connected hearing aid users now have an innovative way to train their hearing aid to give them the best personalized sound experience.
- The device can adapt in typical listening environments where users live, work, and socialize.
- Kaizn was trained to automatically implement informed, tailored changes to a user’s hearing aid settings, thereby improving the user's hearing experience.
- "With Kaizn™, Oticon Opn™ hearing aid users will be able to take charge of how their hearing aid performs during their day to day routine. Utilizing everyday iOS devices, especially the ultra-convenient Apple Watch, Oticon Kaizn™ communicates with users to determine their hearing intentions in different sound environments".
Successful Media Coverage
- Businesswire: Oticon Kaizn, World’s First Personal AI Assistant for Your Ears, Wins Two 2019 CES Innovation Awards
- TechDigest: CES 2019: Oticon develops Kaizn, ‘world’s first AI assistant’ for hearing aids
- Twice: Award-Winning Personal AI Assistant Oticon Kaizn™ Advances Personalized Hearing Healthcare
- Attoday UK: Revolutionary personal AI assistant tech for hearing aids launched
- Hearing Review: Oticon Kaizn Wins Two ‘2019 CES Innovation’ Awards
- I4U News: CES 2019 Healthcare Oticon Kaizn is Wolrd's First Personal AI Assistant for hearing Aids
- Response Source: Oticon Kaizn™, World’s First Personal AI Assistant for Your Ears, Wins Two 2019 CES Innovation Awards