Medical Cannabis: Top Platforms
Some of the top platforms, websites, or other resources used by consumers globally to access information on medical cannabis are Leafly, Zamnesia, I Love Growing Marijuana, AllBud, High Times, and Seedsman. Details of the type of content each website provides as well as visitor statistics have been provided below.
Top Global Platforms, Websites Or Other Resources about Medical Cannabis:
- Leafly, founded in 2010, is the largest cannabis information website worldwide, which provides consumers globally about the legal cannabis markets, and helps them identify the right cannabis products and strains according to the medical conditions that the consumers have.
- They provide contents such as articles about cannabis, its strains, and articles about cannabis' medical usages.
- They also provide a list of available cannabis strains in the market, with information about which medical conditions each strain is good for.
- According to SimilarWeb, Leafly currently has 13.8 million monthly visitors, with 58.92% bounce rate, and average visit duration of two minutes and 59 seconds.
- Zamnesia, based in Amsterdam, Netherlands, is Europe's leading online Seedshop, CBDshop, Vaporshop, Headshop, Smartshop, and Shroomshop.
- Zamnesia provides articles about different cannabis strains and CBD oils, including their medical usages and what strains are best to use for a given medical condition.
- Zamnesia also provides news articles about the legal cannabis market and other research about it.
- According to SimilarWeb, Zamnesia currently has 1.66 million monthly visitors, with 61.30% bounce rate, and average visit duration of three minutes and 38 seconds.
3. I LOVE GROWING MARIJUANA
- I Love Growing Marijuana, founded by Robert Bergman in 2012, is a cannabis and medical cannabis resource website that shares information about the different cannabis strains, how to grow them, and also the medical benefits of each strain.
- They provide contents about medical marijuana, medical marijuana recipes, and how to use them.
- They also provide a database of cannabis strains with helpful information of what strains should be used for a given medical condition.
- According to SimilarWeb, I Love Growing Marijuana currently has 1.41 million monthly visitors, with 48.32% bounce rate, and average visit duration of three minutes and 55 seconds.
- AllBud is an online cannabis resource which provides information on cannabis and marijuana including their usage for medical therapy and recreational usage.
- They provide contents such as current news about medical cannabis and marijuana market, products, research, and legislation.
- They also provide a list of cannabis strains, including information on the medical conditions the strain is good for.
- According to SimilarWeb, AllBud currently has 1.23 million monthly visitors, with 64.95% bounce rate, and average visit duration of two minutes and 28 seconds.
5. HIGH TIMES
- High Times, founded in 1974, is the "definitive resource for all things cannabis."
- They provide contents such as cannabis cultivation, legalization, entertainment, culture, products, events, and other cannabis-related information that are helpful to the consumers.
- They also provide articles and research results about the medical usage of cannabis and helps consumers find the right strains for specific medical conditions they have.
- According to SimilarWeb, High Times currently has 1.18 million monthly visitors, with 70.76% bounce rate, and average visit duration of one minute and 43 seconds.
- Seedsman, founded in 2003, is an online cannabis resource and E-commerce website, which is considered as "one of the most trustworthy and reliable online seedbanks in the world."
- They sell their brand of cannabis seeds, Seedsman, with almost 1500 strains stocked from over 65 seedbanks worldwide.
- Aside from selling cannabis seeds, they also provide helpful cannabis information and contents such as cannabis cultivation, legality, breeders, competitions, and especially the medical benefits of cannabis.
- Their database of cannabis strains not just provides descriptions of each strain, but also has the option for the consumers to categorize each strains according to medical conditions, to help them choose the right products they need.
- According to SimilarWeb, Seedsman currently has 1.11 million monthly visitors, with 38.43% bounce rate, and average visit duration of nine minutes and 10 seconds.
To identify the top medical cannabis platforms, websites, or other resources used by consumers globally to access information on medical cannabis we commenced our research by using credible and well-known international trade organizations such as the International Cannabis Association (ICA), the Medical Cannabis Declaration (MCD), and the American Alliance for Medical Cannabis (AAMC), among others. Our goal was to find a list of credible resources or websites that consumers access to find medical cannabis information or partner websites that are mentioned by the said organizations. However, there was no relevant information found to address our query. We only found news articles and other organizations that are supporting the legality of medical cannabis worldwide.
Second, we looked through statistical websites such as Alexa and SimilarWeb; and industry sources such as Grow Light Central and Strain Insider, among others to build a list of resources used by consumers to access information on medical cannabis. We found lists of top cannabis and medical cannabis websites from the aforementioned sources. We then chose the cannabis websites among the lists that were mentioned by 2 or more credible sources, after which we searched each platform's website to make sure they provided contents about medical cannabis, the types of cannabis or strains, and which could be used for different medical conditions. We then used SimilarWeb to check the statistics of each medical cannabis websites and used the number of monthly visitors to define the "TOP" platforms or websites.