Top Digital Service Gift Card Features
The top features people look for when purchasing gift cards for digital services include the ability to customize/personalize the gift, no fees charged, time flexibility, ability to redeem the gift card anywhere, and the ability to cancel the gift card any time.
TOP FEATURES — PURCHASING GIFT CARDS FOR DIGITAL SERVICES
- Customization/Personalization: This feature allows purchasers of the gift cards to choose the design of the gift card and allows one to either add a video message or a personal photo
- Time flexibility: Users love a gift that allows them to set the time that they want the gift card to be delivered. In addition, the gift card should have no expiration date
- Fee: Clients seem to prefer gift cards that have no fees associated with the purchase or delivery costs. Additionally, users would prefer an ecard that does not have a service charge or inactivity fees
- Rewards Program: Since purchasing a gift is not a one-time thing, a feature that offers users rewards for repeat business is appreciated
- Redeemable: The ability to redeem the gift card both online and physically at stores seemed like a feature most users are interested in
- Cancellation: Most users seemed to prefer cards that have the option to cancel it if they feel the need to change the gift
- Urgency: Due to last-minute purchases, users like digital cards that can be delivered immediately to their respondents
We leveraged a combination of industry publications, expert blogs, market researches, relevant reports, and case studies to compile information on the best features that people look for when purchasing a digital gift. But, nothing relevant turned up.
Subsequently, we reviewed customers feedback on popular gifts cards to see if they provided information about what their top features were. Reviews from trust pilot and giftcards.com reviews were considered. This approach did not yield enough information to produce a reliable result since the reviews noted mostly were about individual websites and not digital gift cards in general.
Following this, we searched sources such as Forbes and Reuters that could provide us insights on the topic. However, the specific information providing the top features that people look for when purchasing gift cards was not available but the search provided more information on companies offering gift cards and features of the gift cards they were offering.
Lastly, we decided to expand our search and analyzed the most common features offered by digital gift card providers currently. We used the list of features offered by these companies to determine the features that look most attractive to a client. In addition, a unique feature like reward programs was included in the result since it seemed like a feature most clients will look for in a digital card. Based on these, a list of seven features that closely relate to what can be considered top features that people look for in a gift card was provided for consideration.