Top Online Job Hunting Portals; Part 1
Zhaopin has the largest active job seeker community with 140 million job seekers, followed by Monster with 12 million. Complete details about the Zhaopin, 51job, ChinaHR, ChinaJOB, and Monster are presented below.
- Total Job Postings: 37 million
- Number of Registered Job Seekers: 140 million
- Number of Registered Employers: 613,000
- Services Offered to Job Seekers: Resume services, the latest employment offers, and career development sources.
- Services Offered to Employers: Campus recruitment, online recruitment, job posting, resume recommendation, and recruitment processing outsourcing.
- Stats: 9.7 million monthly active mobile app users
- Public Opinion: People prefer Zhaopin over other portals such as Liepin.
- Total Job Postings: 5 million
- Number of Registered Job Seekers: 109 million
- Number of Registered Employers: 460,811
- Services Offered to Job Seekers: Job recommendation notifications, ability to follow specific companies, career development advice, and the ability to track application statuses.
- Services Offered to Employers: Campus recruitment, executive search, professional assessment tools, salary and human resources related surveys, and human resource conferences.
- Stats: 51job target market of recruitment advertisements is white-collar job seekers between the ages of 20 to 35.
- Public Opinion: 51job is the #1 job recruitment website in China (based on the most registered members), the largest resume database, and has the highest peak traffic.
- Total Job Postings: 200,000 per month
- Number of Registered Job Seekers: 1,006,905
- Number of Registered Employers: 110,000
- Services Offered to Job Seekers: Resume preparation, ability to browse job postings, industry and career advice.
- Services Offered to Employers: The ability to upload job listings, purchase resumes, background check, and employee assessment services.
- Stats: One of the leading online recruitment platforms and is focused on white-collar jobs.
- Public Opinion: The outlook of ChinaHR is overall positive, with ChinaHR completing numerous overseas recruitment cases. The company also has a dedicated customer service team.
- Services Offered to Job Seekers: Job fairs
- Services Offered to Employers: Job fairs
- Stats: This website is noted to be the earliest of foreign talent websites in China and is based out of Beijing.
- Stats: ChinaJOB is owned by the Chinese State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs.
- Stats: ChinaJOB entered into a partnership with Laowei Careers in 2017.
- Public Opinion: The website is hard to navigate and listings are generally for Beijing over other cities.
- Total Job Postings: 1.9 million (2017)
- Number of Registered Job Seekers: 12,723,070
- Number of Registered Employers: 290,000
- Services Offered to Job Seekers: Job seekers are able to find jobs, create and post resumes, as well as access personal career information.
- Services Offered to Employers: Employers can access hiring tools, post jobs, search through resumes, and screen candidates prior to interviews.
- Stats: Monster uses 144 technology products for its services which include Google Analytics, WordPress, and Vimeo.
- Public Opinion: Perceptions of Monster are positive due to the website having the largest and smartest job search, career management and recruitment management services across the globe.
While the research team was able to find much of the data required, full details about ChinaJOB were not available. The ChinaJOB website had very little detail that was usable (partly due to translation issues and partly because of the content available). We then searched through annual reports, new articles, and industry expert analyses. While reviewing these, we discovered that ChinaJOB is owned by the Chinese government and that the site is known more for its headhunting (in-person recruiting) and job fairs than any online job services. We also discovered that ChinaJOB was bought out by Laowei Careers. We then broadened our scope and researched user numbers and postings for Laowei Careers but were unable to find any relevant information.