Employee Brand and Recruitment-Microsoft
Microsoft seeks to enhance its employee brand and recruitment activities by offering various benefits and perks on its career page. The company includes insightful job descriptions, information on diversity, as well as its interview processes via its career page. Additional insights on Microsoft's approach to employee brand and recruitment activities are below.
Company Benefits and Perks
- The career page of Microsoft includes information on the company's benefits and perks. The company claims that it offers world-class benefits that are designed to empower its employees and their families to live life well.
- Microsoft reveals to employees on its career web page of the privilege to enjoy the perks. The company claims that it offers several ways for its employees to enjoy their life at Microsoft "such as networking, resource groups," as well as extras at the office.
- On its United States career page, Microsoft reveals that its employees enjoy benefits such as competitive pay, bonuses as well as stock awards which are made to eligible employees based on their performance. The company offers benefits to help employees "lead a healthy life, save for the future," as well as enjoy their journey at Microsoft.
- Some additional benefits revealed on the Microsoft career web page for its employees include medical, dental, and vision care, 24-hour nurse line, and on-campus health access. Microsoft offers programs for employees to plan for the future among its benefits and perk such as a 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, loan refinancing program, and financial planning as well as education programs.
- On its United States career page, Microsoft reveals that its employees enjoy perks such as on-campus retail shops as well as services, employee resource groups, social clubs and networks, and Microsoft Connector shuttle as well as bus fleet.
- Microsoft career page reveals that it offers benefits like parental leave, family caregiver leave, child care, and college coach program. Microsoft provides opportunities for its employees to continue their education by giving reimbursement s, providing internal resources, speaker series, and an on-site library. Microsoft's employees enjoy exclusive discounts, employee discounts, and PRIME discounts.
Insightful Job Descriptions
- The Microsoft career web page has insightful job descriptions, including one with the title of Area IT Manager. The job description includes insights such as job number, travel, role type, employment type, responsibilities, qualifications, deliverables, as well as benefits and perks.
Information on Diversity
- Microsoft's career page includes insight on diversity and inclusion in its workplace. This information relates to diversity in its leadership, technology, flexible working, as well as diversity and inclusion training.
- The company carer page reveals its dedication to the infusion of diversity and principles of inclusion into its hiring, communication, innovation, as well as the way it builds products and technologies.
- Microsoft includes information on its interview process on its career page.
- Microsoft's career web page includes insight on its interview process. The company notifies aspiring employees and applicants attending its interviews to be "prepared to answer questions related" to the professional relationships they have maintained with former colleagues and supervisors.
- Microsoft reveals on its career page that applicants going through some of its interview processes are expected to demonstrate their thinking during interviews. They are also expected to showcase the qualities the company is seeking.
- Microsoft career page includes brief employee testimonials and links to detailed employee testimonials. The page includes a testimony from a Microsoft employee (Cindy Healy) on what she learned while working on Mars Pathfinder. The page contains various employee testimonials on inclusion, innovation, mission, and inspiration.
- Microsoft's career page includes multimedia content such as a "Microsoft Inclusive Hiring video." A brief review of the Microsoft Inclusive Hiring video/multimedia content reveals that it contains audio, video, and text.
Presence on Recruitment Websites and Job Boards
- Microsoft career web page reveals that it is present on recruitment websites and job boards such as Glassdoor, LinkedIn (see the logos beside follow Microsoft Careers), Indeed, and other sites like TrustPilot, Facebook, and Twitter. Microsoft's career page reveals that it has a rating of 4.2 on a scale of 5 on Glassdoor.
- Microsoft's career page reveals that it is present on Glassdoor, and its CEO has an approval rating of 97% based on 9216 ratings.
- Microsoft has several job listings on Monster.com.
Prevalence of Employee Reviews
- Microsoft has several employee reviews on job boards and websites like Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Indeed, and other websites.
- On Glassdoor, Microsoft has a rating of 4.2 on a scale of 5 among 23,932 reviews. About 2568 reviews reveal that Microsoft offers a great work-life "balance" when compared to some other high-profile Seattle-based tech companies. About 1879 reviews on Glassdoor shows that Microsoft has "Good salary Smart people" as well as beautiful workplaces.
- Microsoft has about 144,000 employees and about 23,932 reviews on Glassdoor. Thus, (23,932/144,000)x100% = 16.6%. This insight reveals that the prevalence of reviews on Glassdoor among Microsoft employees is 16.6%.
- Microsoft has an average rating of 4.2 on a scale of 5 on Indeed, based on 6300 reviews. Relative to Microsoft's 144,000 employees, (6300/144000)x100% =4.37%. This insight reveals that the prevalence of reviews on Glassdoor among Microsoft employees is 4.37%.
- A review of Microsoft the negative reviews related to Microsoft on Glassdoor, such as negative comments, cons, and low ratings of 2-stars and below on a scale of 5, reveals that Microsoft does not respond to negative reviews on Glassdoor.
- Microsoft does not respond to any of the several negative reviews, low ratings, or adverse comments on TrustPilot.
- Microsoft has an average rating of 4.5 on a scale of 5 on Comparably among 1869 employees.
List of Awards or Accolades
- Microsoft was recently named number two company on the Global 2000 list of "World's Best Employers" for 2019.
- Microsoft was named the winner of the "Best Multinational Workplaces" award across Europe in 2011.
- Microsoft won Glassdoor Awards for "Best Places to Work" in 2019 (number 34), 2018 (number 39), and 2017 (number 37).
- Microsoft uses employee spotlights, to promote its company work culture, as well as its diversity and inclusion efforts. Microsoft brings several of its employees into the spotlight on its career page. The company reveals the contributions of identified or highlighted employees, and also brings to spotlight some encouraging stories and benefits relevant to these employees regarding workplace diversity and inclusion.
- Employees are highlighted or spotlighted on Microsoft's career page in a manner that promotes the company's work culture, diversity, and inclusion.
- Microsoft is also using its social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn for employer branding. Microsoft's social media also reveal how "women at Microsoft are helping" by changing the way people live, work as well as play.
- Based on experience, three Microsoft employees recently shared via Twitter some signs of a workplace where every employee, including "those who are LGBTQ+, feel supported."
Corporate Social Responsibility and Recruitment Initiatives
- Microsoft philanthropies and corporate (socially responsible) giving help in advancing a future for everyone and create a future where every person has the skills, knowledge, as well as opportunity to attain greater heights in life. Apart from investing more than $25 million in helping workers to adapt to a digital economy as well as a modern workplace, Microsoft Philanthropies has partnerships with various organizations and schools aimed at increasing access to computer science education.
- Microsoft Philanthropies is also committed to ensuring that nonprofits get access to technology that is capable of enabling their digital transformation. This transformation helps these nonprofits to achieve the "greatest impact" as they strive to address some of the most challenging issues that are facing the world.
- Microsoft issues several awards to its partners to encourage corporate social responsibility among them. Some partner awards include "Modern Workplace Transformation Partner of the Year," and partner of the year award on teamwork.
- Microsoft participates in community engagement and is one of "Washington state's largest employers." The company works to enhance economic growth as well as create opportunities to protect and facilitate a better life for the residents of Washington. Team Rubicon is supported by Microsoft to handle international disaster and "unites the skills and experiences" of military veterans in the provision of rapid relief to some communities that are in need.
- Microsoft offers several grants, donations as well as training to NGOs. Support in the form of grants given by Microsoft to nonprofit organizations includes software donations, training as well as monetary grants. These grants are available for small as well as large NGOs around the world.
- Microsoft has grants for nonprofit with different restrictions based on whether a product gets discounted or donated.
- Microsoft has significant recruitment initiatives for various communities. One of its recruitment initiatives offers opportunities to young Africans to develop their careers via a virtual classroom and also provides placements with Microsoft partner organizations.
- Microsoft is always guided by its commitment to build diverse communities and is intentional in who it reaches out to. Microsoft is increasingly doing business with minority communities as well as "women-owned companies" and helps in employing candidates from diverse backgrounds.