Professional Employer Organizations
The top 6 professional employer organizations (PEOs) in the US are Oasis Outsourcing, ADP TotalSource, Insperity, Paychex, TriNet, and BBSI. Oasis Outsourcing is the largest PEO in the US with annual revenue of $7.7 billion. The requested information has been keyed into the PEO tab of the attached spreadsheet.
- Founded in 1996, Oasis Outsourcing remains the largest PEO in the United States. The company’s offerings include risk management, payroll processing, HR solutions, and benefits administration. Due to its nationwide platform, the company serves over 160,000 WSEs and 4,700 SMBs in over 50 states.
- Annual Revenue: $7.7 billion
- ADP TotalSource is a global provider of professional employer services including payroll, time and attendance services, human resource management, and benefits administration. The company offers HR advice and expertise as well as handle payroll, employee benefits, tax filing, employees’ compensation, and compliance.
- Estimated Annual Revenue: $3.89 billion
- Insperity, Inc. provides business solutions and human resource (HR) services to small and medium-sized companies with 5 to 5,000 employees. Apart from access to over 3,000 training programs, businesses that partner with Insperity offer services such as payroll processing, HR solutions, risk management, and benefits administration.
- Estimated Annual Revenue: $3.8 billion
- Paychex, Inc. provides small and medium-sized companies in the US with management services including payroll, retirement, insurance, and human resource (HR) services. The company offers payroll tax services, payroll processing services, employee payment services, tax administration services, and regulatory compliance services.
- The company offers accounting and financial services which include tax preparation, payroll funding services, tax preparation and invoicing, and financial fitness programs.
- Estimated Annual Revenue: $3.38 billion
- TriNet offers diverse human resource and consultancy services including tax administration, payroll, risk protection, compensation consulting, performance management, and employee benefits plan. Although the company is highly personalized, it has partnered with over 15,000 companies in the US.
- Estimated Annual Revenue: $3.3 billion
Barrett Business Services, Inc. (BBSI)
- Barrett Business Services, Inc. (BBSI) offer business management solutions to small and medium-sized companies in the US. Key services provided include human resource management, payroll services, and staffing.
- Through partnerships with companies, BBSI assumes the responsibility for payroll taxes, workers’ compensation, and other administration coverage.
- Estimated Annual Revenue: $940.7 million
To locate the top professional employer organizations (PEO) in the US, we began by searching for credible market research reports from industry databases such as Market and Market Research, IBIS Report, Consumer Affairs, and other similar sites. We found two reports published by IBIS World and OpenPR, which listed several key players in the market segment including TriNet, ADP TotalSource, Insperity, Oasis, Paychex, and BBSI, CoAdvantage, Avitus, and G&A Partners. However, the reports did not provide revenue data for the listed companies.
We, therefore, consulted different financial databases such as Crunchbase, Forbes, H&B Hoovers, and Craft.co for the revenue statistics for each of the companies as this was critical to locate the top 6 PEOs in the US market. We found the required statistics and were able to identify the six leading companies in the PEO sector including Oasis Outsourcing, ADP TotalSource, Insperity, Paychex, TriNet, and BBSI. We also, located the offerings of each company from the official websites.