Tourism Startup Companies
Tastemakers Africa, Evaneos, Klook, Tripactions and TourRadar are five additional travel startups. The details of each company are outlined below.
- Tastemakers Africa allows travelers to book authentic African tours and activities hosted by a variety of local hosts and influencers, including musicians, chefs, artists and creatives.
- The startup was founded in 2016 and has raised $2.4 million in two rounds of funding. They raised $980,000 in their first round of seed funding and $1.4 million in their second round.
- Tastemakers has not made their revenue available publicly.
- Evaneos helps travelers to book custom trips and tours in partnership with local travel agents. The company boasts a 97% satisfaction rate across the 300,000 travelers it has served thus far.
- The company was founded in 2009 has raised $109.1 million in 6 rounds of funding. Their most recent funding round was series D, which raised $80 million.
- Evaneos has not made its revenue public.
- Klook is an online activity and experience booking platform. They offer discounted bookings for activities in many destinations, mostly in Asia.
- Klook was founded in 2014 and has raised $521.5 million in 6 funding rounds. There most recent funding round, series D, raised $225 million.
- Klook had $1 billion in revenue in 2018.
- Tripactions is a travel booking and management platform specifically focused on corporate and business travel.
- Tripactions was founded in 2015 and has raised $481.5 million in 6 funding rounds. Their most recent funding round, series D, raised $250 million.
- Tripactions has not released its revenue publicly and recently declined a request by Techcrunch for this information.
- TourRadar is an online travel agency focused on booking multi-day tours for travelers throughout the world.
- The company was founded in 2010 and has raised $66.5 million across 5 funding rounds. Their most recent funding round, series C, raised $50 million.
- TourRadar has not made its revenue public.
The research team searched through articles and reports on successful or up-and-coming travel startups to identify companies that meet the criteria for this request. We identified the five companies listed above, then gathered the requested information on each. We were able to identify all the requested information except the revenue, which was only found for Klook. In order to try to find revenue for each company, we started by searching through the company's website for annual reports or press releases sharing financial information. This strategy proved unsuccessful for all five companies. We then searched through third party business insights websites, such as Crunchbase, to find the revenue information. While funding amounts and rounds were listed for each company, revenue was not. Finally, we looked for news stories about the companies that might share revenue information. This final strategy proved successful for Klook. However, revenue information was not found for the other four companies. This is likely due to the companies being private and therefore not obligated to release this info.