IMDb TV Competitors: Netflix
Netflix is an over-the-top subscription-based streaming service that currently holds the title of the most popular subscription video streaming service in the world. It has over 125 million subscribers around the world and hundreds of original TV shows and films, with many more licensed content. These points and more are discussed in the attached spreadsheet.
- Netflix currently has 60.6 million subscribers in the US.
- Netflix has a 90% penetration rate among OTT streaming customers.
- Their streaming plans start at $8.99 per month for the basic plan and goes up to $15.99 a month for their premium plan.
- Customers can watch Netflix on streaming media players, smart televisions, game consoles, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players, smartphones & tables, and PCs & laptops.
- To keep subscribers on their service from fleeing to others, they have been touting the success of their original shows like You and original films such as Bird Box.
To find information about Netflix and its position in the streaming space, we looked at information from Netflix itself, as well as market and industry experts like Business Insider, Motley Fool, Investopedia, etc. We also used content from LA Times, Variety, and Vanity Fair to bolster our findings about Netflix. All information that was placed into the spreadsheet came from straightforward searches and nothing, including statistical and other numerical figures, were deduced or calculated.