Ikea's and Sonos' collaborative line includes a range of connected speakers named 'Symfonisk smart speakers'. This new range is expected to be available in Ikea stores in August 2019.
- Sonos and Ikea partnered on a new range of connected speakers that will be available in Ikea stores on August 2019.
- "Combining their expertise in sound and technology with IKEA’s knowledge of home furnishing, SYMFONISK seamlessly fits into the home to enhance everyday life and integrates with the Sonos system".
- Just like the products of Sonos, these speakers can be controlled by Sonos App.
- There are two different models available at the moment which include a bookshelf speaker and a table lamp speaker in black and white.
- Bookshelf speaker will cost $99 and table lamp speaker will cost $179.
- Ikea and Sonos collaborative line is called Symfonisk smart speakers.
- The partnership of Ikea and Sonos was first announced in 2017 to sell a custom line of smart speakers.
- The new Symfonisk smart speakers will be available at Ikea stores and on Ikea's website.
- The Symfonisk smart speakers can be controlled with Sonos’ app, allowing each speaker to be fully integrated as a part of the multi-room audio setup.
- According to the home retailer’s research on Ikea, 59% of customers surveyed said music is the number one factor of a great atmosphere.
Your Research team applied the following Strategy:
Despite an extensive search, we were unable to identify the expected unit volume for the roll out of the new joint product line being launched by Ikea and Sonos in August 2019.
Initially, we looked for precompiled information on the public domain by examining different news articles and reports on domains such as Forbes, CNN, NBC, and BBC. While we were able to find a lot of articles about the partnership of Ikea and Sonos, we could not trace the data that we were looking for.
Following this, we looked into the official website of Ikea and Sonos to see if they have published any data regarding the expected unit volume. But, we only found articles about partnerships, products, and prices.
We also looked into their annual reports, sustainability reports, facts and figures reports, and shareholder reports. However, we only found extraneous information.
Then, we tried to change our strategy by looking for other data such as the company's revenue of other products and customer purchase of the products that is yet to be launched to get an estimate of the expected unit volume. But, this search attempt proved to be futile.
To conclude, the requested information might be unavailable due to the fact that this is the first collaborative project (Page 4, 3rd Paragraph) of Ikea and Sonos and no data has been made public. Additionally, according to the Q2 2019 of Sonos shareholder letter (Page 2, Last Paragraph), Sonos will provide additional updates on their Q3 shareholder letter about the two products in partnership with IKEA.