IHOP Competitive Landscape-Part 1
IHOP has a strong presence and brand awareness, while Bakers Square offers a range of healthy meal options. Country Kitchen, on the other hand, offers competitive prices.
- IHOP's CMO is Brad Haley. Before joining IHOP, the individual worked as a CMO for CKE Restaurants.
- Bakers Square is owned and operated by American Blue Ribbon Holdings. Jennifer Sanning used to be the CMO of American Blue Ribbon holdings, before leaving her position in 2014. It is unclear who the CMO of American Blue Ribbon Holdings is today.
- Country Kitchen's CEO is Chuck Mocco. Lacey White is the marketing manager at Country Kitchen. It is unclear who the current CMO is.
- IHOP has had 1,822 active restaurants as of March 2019.
- Bakers Square has 39 restaurant branches, primarily in the Midwest.
- Country Kitchen operates 34 restaurants across the US.
- IHOP achieves $3.2 billion in revenue annually.
- Bakers Square sees under $1 million in revenue annually.
- Country Kitchen's revenue is between $1 million and $5 million yearly.
- IHOP has high levels of brand recognition, a large international presence, a diverse menu, over 30,000 employees and is affordable. The restaurant chain is famous for its signature pancakes and waffles.
- Unlike its competitors, Bakers Square offers a wide array of healthy meals. The restaurant is concentrated in the US Midwest, which indicates it has a larger presence in this region. Also, on Facebook, Bakers Square has a higher rating than IHOP.
- Country Kitchen is known for offering prices lower than its competitors, casual dining establishments.
- IHOP has more than 30,000 employees.
- Bakers Square has between 5,000 and 10,000 employees.
- Country Kitchen has between 501 and 1,000 employees.
AGENCIES OF RECORDS
- Droga5 is IHOP's agency of record. Country Kitchen and Bakers Square don't appear to have agencies of records, as they aren't engaged in marketing.
For companies Bakers Square and Country Kitchen, estimated revenues have been provided because the companies are privately-held and haven't disclosed their revenues publicly.
Current CMOs for companies Bakers Square and Country Kitchen Restaurants couldn’t be found.
First, the company websites were searched. There, we had hoped to locate information on the companies’ leadership presented by the companies themselves. Apart from the website, we also searched companies’ press releases and available reports, but found that they haven’t publicly disclosed internal information. It was found that Country Kitchen and Bakers Square are both privately owned, since they haven’t published annual reports.
We dived into company databases such as Linkedin and Glassdoor, as well as industry-related publications such as Nation’s Restaurant News, hoping to find mentions of the leadership at this company and the current CMO. This strategy provided us with the approximate employee count and revenue values for Country Kitchen and Bakers Square, but information on the company’s leadership wasn’t sufficient. One past marketing officer was uncovered this way, but it was found that the person no longer holds the position. In addition, this way, we uncovered one Marketing Manager at the company Country Kitchen, but by looking at the individuals’ job description, it was evident the person doesn’t report to the CEO.
During the search, we uncovered that Bakers Square is operated and owned by parent company American Blue Ribbon Holdings. Because of this, we attempted to find information on leadership of the company American Blue Ribbon Holdings, specifically on ABRH’s CMO, in order to use this information as a proxy for Bakers Square. Again, information on one past CMO of this company, Jennifer Sanning, was available, but further search determined the individual has already left this position.
Because we uncovered two past Chief Marketing Officers that have left their positions, both for Country Kitchen and for Bakers Square, we attempted to locate individuals who have replaced them in these positions, in order to see if they’re still holding the position. We tailored our search to the exact years these individuals left their positions, in order to pinpoint reports on their resignations which could name the persons who succeeded them. This strategy has failed because we were not able to locate any persons who have succeeded the resigned individuals, even after tailoring the search to the exact time of year the Chief Marketing Officers left, according to their Linkedin profiles.