ID Verification: Market Size & Share
- Cisco is the biggest company on the list with a revenue of $49.3 billion, of which about $3.15 billion were generated by its ID verification services.
- In 2020, NetIQ posted a revenue of $90.4 million.
- SSH has been struggling lately, closing 2020 at only $13.7 million, over 21% down compared to the previous year.
Cisco, NetIQ, and Open ID are some of the biggest players in the global ID verification market from the list. The smallest company from the list was Passbase, with a revenue of only $3 million and a market share of 0.04%. All the market shares of the noted companies have been calculated below.
ID verification companies market share
- Market share: 0.24% ($0.018 billion / $7.6 billion)
- Revenue: $3 million (estimated)
- Market share: 0.04% ($0.003 billion / $7.6 billion)
- Revenue: $25 million (estimated)
- Market share: 0.33% ($0.025 billion / $7.6 billion)
Cisco Identity Services
- Revenue: $49.3 billion
- Their ID verification services are categorized under their security segment, which generated $3.15 billion in 2020.
- Unfortunately, the security segment revenue was not further broken down by sub-segment or specific tools. As such, we have used the revenue for the segment to calculate the company's market share.
- Market share: 41.4% ($3.15 billion / $7.6 billion)
- Revenue: $90.42 million (estimated)
- Market share: 1.19% ($0.09042 billion / $7.6 billion)
- Revenue: $10 million (estimated)
- Market share: 0.13% ($0.01 billion / $7.6 billion)
To find the revenue for each company, we started by going through their annual reports to find the specific revenue associated with each company's ID verification division. However, not all the companies on the list were public entities. As such, we used sites such as ZoomInfo and D&B Hoovers to find the estimated revenue for each company. We then divided the revenue by the Markets and Markets ID verification market size to get the estimated market share for each company. It is important to note that Cisco's revenue represents the revenue generated by their whole security segment. ID verification is only one of many services that their security division provides. As such, the market share calculated for Cisco is only a very rough estimate as the company did not further break down the revenue of each of its division by sub-segment or a specific tool.