Market Size and Growth - Ice Cream Makers - Home Use
The United States ice cream maker market size is estimated at $72,973,000. A predicted CAGR of 5.1% until 2028 will see the market rise to an estimated $1,713,3000,000. Cooking at home is a major trend that is affecting the growth of the ice cream maker market.
Ice Cream Maker Market size
- The estimated United States ice cream maker market size is $72,973,000.
Ice Cream Maker Market Growth
- The estimated United States ice cream maker market is predicted to reach $120,274,000 in 2028 due to a CAGR of 5.1%. According to Transparency Marketing, the demand for at-home ice cream makers has risen at a significant pace.
Factors affecting growth
- Consumers are willing to pay higher prices for premium products like ice cream.
- Improving conditions in countries with developing economies will produce more disposable income. This will provide a growing market for economy ice cream makers.
- Cooking at home is becoming increasingly popular, especially in the UK, Germany, US, France, and Japan.
- Technology innovation will increase, thus increasing the available products on the market.
- The International Dairy Foods Association states that the Great Lakes region (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin) is the most successful market for ice cream sales.
- Wayfair listed soft serve ice cream makers as a product that is becoming an increasingly popular item that is purchased. Searches for specialty items like popcorn makers, cotton candy machines and soft-serve ice cream makers have risen by 41%.
To obtain the United States market size and growth we first searched for pre-compiled information in market research. We found multiple market research reports that contained the information for the United States, but they were behind paywalls. Adroit Market Research, Market Watch, Market Research News, and Transparency Market Research, all contained the breakdown by the United States along with all major markets. They also broke this information down by ice cream maker type.
We also consulted the International Ice Cream Consortium, the National Ice Cream Retailers Association, IceCream.org, and the International Dairy Foods Association, to see if they released any relevant statistics or information regarding the market. Through this research, we did discover the most successful market in the United States, but no hard figures that would let us calculate the market share.
Finally, we went to Business Wire and PR Newswire to see if any relevant press releases were available that might state the market, or provide a path to research further. During this research, we did find a press release from Wayfair that stated ice cream makers are becoming increasingly popular.
With the needed statistics and data hidden behind paywalls, we triangulated the information using a proxy for the market share for the United States. We were able to obtain the worldwide and United States revenue figures for small kitchen appliances. By dividing the United States share by the worldwide share (6,851,000,000/97,496,000,000= .07), we were able to get a 7% market share for the United States. It made sense that a 7% market share of small kitchen appliances could translate to a 7% share of the ice cream maker market as well. With the total global ice cream maker market being $1,039,500,000, 7% of that would be $72,973,000, making that the estimated market share for the United States.