Market Leaders in the UK Boiler Equipment Industry
The 10 biggest players in the boiler original equipment manufacturer industry in the United Kingdom include Worcester Bosch, Ideal, Viessmann, Vaillant, Baxi and Potterton, Grant, Alpha Innovation, Glow-Worm., Main, and Ferroli.
1. Worcester Bosch
- Worcester, commonly known as Worcester Bosch, is part of Bosch Group Brand and is one of the most popular boiler manufacturers in the UK. The company offers extended warranty policies ranging from 5 to 10 years, high-efficiency ratings, and overall quality. Worcester boiler product range includes gas boilers, propane (LPG) equipment, and oil-fueled types.
- The brand is trusted both in the United Kingdom and globally.
- Worcester Bosch started manufacturing boilers in 1962 and is known as one of the most recommended boiler brands by engineers.
- The company is the biggest selling boiler brand that produces combi, system, and regular boiler equipment to meet properties of all sizes.
- While Ideal is a mid-range brand that offers products at a price-point that is generally about 15% below that of Worcester Bosch, it still offers extended warranty periods ranging 2 to 12 years.
- Ideal is considered the best quality brand and the one offering the most durable products within the affordable boiler category price range.
- The company has been in the market for over 100 years. It offers a range of combi, system, and conventional boilers, and is considered the top customer care provider in the industry.
- Ideal manufactures its products in the United Kingdom and stands out as one of the top three biggest sellers together with Worcester and Vaillant.
- Viessmann is a company that sells its products globally with great success.
- The brand has been manufacturing boilers since 1917 and has expanded to an international scale. It sells boilers in 11 different countries and is considered as one of the United Kingdom's most popular boiler brands.
- Vaillant stands at a similar price point as Worcester Bosch. It provides a service team that takes care of boiler repairs and maintenance, as well as a 2, 3, or 5-year warranty.
- Vaillant sells its products globally.
- The company has led the heating market for over 135 years and offers its products in more than 80 countries.
- Vaillant's EcoTec series has similar popularity that one of Worcester's products.
- This German engineering boiler company provides 10 years of warranty for its products.
- The company's estimated revenue is $101.78 million dollars yearly.
5. Baxi and Potterton
- Baxi owns Potterton, which manufactures under its own name and offers the highest efficiency ratings on the market, a 7 to 10-year warranty policy, and pricing just below Worcester Bosch's range. Potterton is a mid-range brand located at the same price and quality category as Ideal. It offers warranty periods ranging from 2 to 10 years.
- Like Ideal, Grant, and Glow-Worm, Baxi and Potterton are considered among the best affordable boiler brands.
- Manufactured in the United Kingdom, Baxi is a British brand that has been around since 1850.
- Potterton naturally follows Baxi Group's lead, offering a high-performing range of combi, regular, and system boilers.
- Baxi has an estimated annual revenue of $445.14 million dollars.
- Potterton's estimated annual revenue is $6.69 million dollars.
7. alpha Innovation
- Alpha Innovation offers products with reliable performance at an affordable price range. The brand is renowned for being a great value alternative to other mainstream companies such as Worcester and Vaillant.
- Alpha is a part of the Italian-owned group Immergas. This is one of Europe's leading commercial and domestic boiler manufacturer groups.
- Alpha Innovation annual revenue is of $10 million dollars.
- Glow-Worm is one of the best budget boiler companies in the United Kingdom. Its pricing starts at approximately £650 for a combi boiler, and most models average under £1,000. Glow-Worm boilers are recommended for low-cost projects and are a common solution for flats, grant-assisted installations, and social housing.
- Just like Ideal, Glow-Worm is considered one of the best quality and durable brands within an affordable price range.
- The company features the "Energy" series, which includes a number of combi, regular, and system boilers. Glow-Worm can generally provide a suitable option for most property sizes.
- Glow-Worm has been manufacturing heating systems for more than 80 years and is supported by a service team of over 250 engineers. It also features a UK-based call center.
- Main Heating belongs to Baxi Heating, while Baxi Heating has a portfolio of some of the best known and most respected brands in the domestic and commercial heating industry across the UK and Ireland including Potterton, Heatrae Sadia, Megaflo, Remeha, Potterton Commercial, Andrews Water Heaters, and Packaged Plant Solutions.
- Ferroli is an Italian boiler manufacturer that has been at the leading edge of heating appliance development and design for over half a century. The company operates in 14 countries throughout Europe and Asia.
To identify the biggest players in the boiler original equipment manufacturer industry in the United Kingdom according to their market share, we began our research by looking at the market or industry reports. This research approach was unsuccessful because the information we were able to gather was based on a global market share of boiler manufacturers. Unfortunately, data was not segmented by country or region. We then focused on trusted listings of the best and top boiler original equipment manufacturer industry in the United Kingdom. This approach was partially unsuccessful, as the sources provided some of the best and top boiler original equipment manufacturer industry in the country but they did not provide the market share and the listed best and top brands were not based on the market share information. We looked at the websites for each of the companies listed as the top brands to find their market share within the industry, but most information related to the services they offer and a description of the companies, but no market share data was found.
Combing through trusted media sources for market share information also proved unsuccessful because most information pointed at the overall UK boiler market industry rather than the individual companies. Helpful information on each of the companies listed was included.