Huntington Bank: Media Coverage
The Huntington Bank website has a large section on the settlement services department. We found two articles in national media over the last year on Huntington Bank. One discussed a class action lawsuit while the other discussed an award the bank won for the services it provides. According to our analysis, Huntington Bank was represented at two conferences in the last year. Huntington Bank also supports 10 legal and trade organizations.
Settlement Services Website
A) Department Info
- "During the last 16 years, Huntington's Settlement Team has handled more than 2,500 settlements for law firms, claims administrators and regulatory agencies."
- "These cases recovered over $50 billion with more than 135 million checks."
- 21 different settlement cases were listed on the page.
B) Settlement Case — Wright Conserve Hip Litigation, Settlement & Product History
- One of the settlements listed on the Huntington Bank Website was settled in 2018/19.
- The settlement program has 2,000 Wright Medical Conserve claims that "have or are being settled through three (3) separate and staged settlements with Wright Medical, totaling approximately $340 million."
A) Class Action Claims Huntington National Bank Unlawfully Refuses to Reimburse Fraudulent Charges
- The Huntington National Bank "has been named in a proposed class action that claims it unlawfully fails to reimburse unauthorized payments deducted from customers’ accounts unless account holders purchase the bank’s fraud-prevention services."
B) Huntington Bank is recognized for its excellent services in small business, middle-market banking, and cash management services
C) There were no sponsorship videos on settlement services or class action litigations on the Huntington website.
Conferences at which Huntington bank employee presented.
A) CLASS ACTION LITOGATIONS & ETHICS CONFERENCE (May 6, 2019, in Midtown Manhattan)
- Aligning interests and optimizing outcomes in class action litigation is the focus of this one-day event.
- Session — class action financing presented by Liz Lambert (The Huntington National Bank).
B) DEUTSCHE BANK ANNUAL GLOBAL FINANCIAL SERVICES CONFERENCE.
- Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) presented at the 2018 Deutsche Bank Annual Global Financial Services Conference.
Legal and Trade organizations Huntington Bank supports:
- Alliance for Justice (AFJ)
- American Antitrust Institute (AAI)
- American Constitution Society (ACS)
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- Committee to Support the Antitrust Laws (COSAL)
- Institute of Law & Economic Policy (ILEP) 
- National Association of Shareholder & Consumer Attorneys (NASCAT)
- Public Interest Law Center
- Public Justice Foundation
- Women Antitrust Plaintiffs’ Attorneys (WAPA)