Human Resource (HR) IT Solutions: Deep-Dive
The best tech tools for HR departments involve databases that also have analytical functions such as in choosing and personalizing software. And it is important to choose user-friendly, self-explanatory software that will automate tasks to save time during the day. Some tasks, such as handling of complaints, should never be automated.
1. 6 essential tech tools for your hr department
- The tools should not create a sense of frustration or hassle for employees and should be easy to use.
- Six HR tech tools are Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS), Performance Solutions, recruiting software, payroll service, benefits management platforms, and employee engagement tools.
- "An HRMS can be an HR representative's best friend." They are data-driven solutions that allow for in-depth reporting, and act as HRs central platform that organizes and stores data. Paychex and Workday are given as two examples that also have modules and integration to allow for payroll services, benefits management, and performance evaluations.
- HR can provide managers with tools that track employees performance throughout the year, and many HRMS or payroll solutions like ADP have customizable modules.
- More robust payroll services can help manage all employee benefits, however it may be worth considering outsourcing benefits managements to reduce operational benefits.
- Employee engagement tools are a high priority for companies that want to build company culture. These tools can allow HR to collect information and honest feedback anonymously, intranet platforms and enterprise collaboration and video conferencing tools also drive employee engagement.
- The article gives various employee engagement tools such as: YouEarnedIt for employee recognition; Google Forms and Survey Monkey for anonymous feedback; intranet platforms like Igloo and Podio, corporate social networking sites like Yammer and Workplace by Facebook, and enterprise collaboration and video conference tools.
2. The Best HR Software for 2019
- They test and rank the features of ten software packages aimed for human resource departments, as well as denoting some as Editors' Choice and determining the best general-purpose software to be BambooHR.
- When choosing HRMS, key elements to consider are the difficulty of the user interface, does the tool tie into legacy software packages, scalability for growth, and support availability.
- Key capabilities targeting HR professionals are applicant tracking, benefits administration, scheduling and shift planning, performance management, online and eLearning authoring, integration with APIs such as Microsoft, mobility for ease of access, and security.
- The best tools for applicant tracking, such as Editors' Choice Bullhorn Staffing and Recruiting, offer social media capabilities that allow sharing postings.
- Leading benefits administration software, like Zenefits, add the ability to manage payroll and retirement benefits.
- The Editors' Choice for Performance Management was SAP SuccessFactors because of their effective mechanisms for assigning and tracking goals, feedback, and coaching and examine those criteria during the review. Data integration is very important in choosing a performance management tool as well as the ability to customize the workflow.
- The best HRMS are Namely, SAP SuccessFactors, Zenefits, and BambooHR
- HR management software also helps company owners, HR executives, or HRIS managers to run the numerous reports necessary to run a business.
- HR software for small businesses can handle between 1,500 and 2,000 employees, others can accommodate work forces of 3,000 to 10,000.
3. 21 HR tools and techniques
- This article discusses tools to aid in HR duties such as recruiting, performance management, employee training, and employee engagement.
- HR software can streamline recruitment process with candidate screening, video interviewing, sourcing and applicant tracking, and more objective hiring. HireSelect and Plum.io, Workable, and GapJumpers are some tools that can help human resource managers make non biased and informed hiring decisions.
- Performance management can be enhanced by tracking employee progress, monitor training and learning, measure employee engagement. 15Five, iSpring Suite, Bonusly are a few of the tools covered to aid in performance management.
- Full-fledged HRISs provide a range of tools, but at minimum they provide a centralized employee database, payroll and benefit administration, timekeeping, onboarding, and compliance reporting. BambooHR and Namely are two examples.
4. What’s now and what’s next in human resources technology
- This survey of Chief HR Officer's found that organizations of all sizes were moving their HR processes to the cloud at a record pace. The top three reasons for the migration were software innovation and quick releases (70%), depend less on IT (50%), and lower cost of ownership (44%). In 2017, 73% of organizations had at least one process in the cloud and those that still use on-premise applications nearly one-third are planning to migrate in the next 12 to 18 months.
- Of those surveyed, only 14% were very satisfied with their HR analytics technologies. Those seeking to improve analytics are seeking to: improve comprehensive insights from reports, blend data from external sources, select key metrics and key performance indicators, answer HR questions using big data concepts, support predictive analytical capabilities, and increase the use of HR analytics.
- The future of HR technology depends on four technologies: Platform as a Service (PaaS) extensions, Robotics process automation (RPA), predictive analytics, and artificial intelligence.
- RPA applications can be programmed to make actions such as onboarding, transferring, and off-boarding an employee across different steps of the process more efficient and with fewer errors.
- Predictive analysis can save a company millions in attrition costs alone, for example, a 1% reduction in attrition in an organization of 5,000 employees can save about $3.75 million. However, it is largely untapped today and only 24% had this as a priority for 2018.
- They cite that AI will be an advantage for businesses in the future given its capabilities for avoiding gender bias in recruiting and even predict turnover and profitability.