Hudson County Real Estate Costs
The most important fee to consider as a seller in Hudson County, New Jersey is the RTF and GIT taxes. GIT taxes cost $2.00 per $500 sales considerations up to $350,000. Additional fees that may be accrued by the seller include Realty staging, recording fees (starting at $45), real estate commission, legal fees, and title company fees. In some cases, these fees can be included in the closing costs. Details of our findings have been provided below.
- The National average staging cost is $1,223 with a typical range between $517-$1,943.
- Staging fees can be calculated using an online service such as Home Advisor, or by contacting companies directly.
- There are 725 Realty stagers in Hudson County, New Jersey with a wide price range, meaning there is no way to narrow down the cost or calculate without knowing exactly the services needed.
- When selling a house in New Jersey, nonresident sellers, transferors, and grantors are required to pay 2% GIT of the consideration for the real property or 8.97% of the net gain from the sale. This tax must be paid prior to the closing of sale.
- Forms for GIT include the following:
- GIT/REP-1: Nonresident Seller's Tax Declaration
- GIT/REP-2: Nonresident Seller's Tax Prepayment Receipt
- GIT/REP-3: Seller's Residency Certification/Exemption
- GIT/REP-4: Waiver of Seller's Filing Requirement of GIT/REP Forms and Payment
- GIT/REP-4A: Waiver of Seller's Filing Requirement of GIT/REP Forms and Payment for Corrected Deed With No Consideration
- A-3128: Claim for Refund of Estimated Gross Income Tax Payment Required
- There is an exception to paying this tax for individual residents who are selling their current place of residence in order to obtain a new residence in the state of New Jersey.
- Record a deed, easement, or final judgment: $45 + $10 for each additional one-sided page.
- Marginal notations: $10
- Mortgage: $35 + $10 for each additional page.