Hotel Upgrade Company Competitive Landscape (1)
Tablet Hotels, TripRebel, Mr & Mrs Smith, Nightly Travel, SnapTravel, and Tingo are additional companies that offer hotel upgrades by looking for better room options in the vicinity, offering membership options where members can enjoy free room upgrades, or by having agents directly contact the hotels to score free room upgrades. Complete details are available within the attached spreadsheet.
- Members who pay $99 per year are entitled to guaranteed room upgrades which are typically valued at around $200 per stay. Aside from room upgrades, members can enjoy free perks such as free cocktail drinks and discounted services.
- Guests are guaranteed the best service as it automatically books a superior hotel in the neighborhood when in promotion and it matches the original booking price.
Mr & Mrs Smith
- All hotels in its collection have free room upgrades if the user is a Goldsmith member. Some smaller hotels have only one room category; room upgrades are not possible in these situations.
- This is a hotel switching company where upgrades happen automatically. They take advantage of the fact that not all nights are priced the same so they can simply switch users to cheaper yet more luxurious hotels nearby. The result is guests can enjoy room upgrades while saving money.
- SnapTravel has a chat-based booking system where agents can secure free hotel upgrades and it says that 60% of its customers secure a higher floor and 30% can score a true room upgrade. They have 24/7 ninja agents that call the hotels on the day of check-in to try to win a free room upgrade.
- Tingo is a rebooking website where it constantly monitors the room prices of the hotel where a guest made an advance booking. When a better room becomes available at the same price the guest paid, they will automatically upgrade the user and cancel the previous reservation.
Please note that the companies included do not technically apply upgrades for lower prices than the user already paid, but they do allow upgrades for lower prices than the upgraded room/hotel would typically cost. The companies selected are those that help guests score free room upgrades, look for better (similarly priced) room options in the vicinity, or offer membership options where guests can enjoy free hotel room upgrades.