Hot Tub Chemical Chart
The requested data for the hot tub chemical usage chart for chlorine have been provided in the attached spreadsheet. The screenshots of the calculated data have been added to the attached Google doc.
Hot Tub Chlorine Chart
- The Pool Calculator app was used to calculate the required number of teaspoons for the different free chlorine levels for a hot tub.
- The provided criteria were entered into the app including volume at 250 gallons, temperature at 100 degrees Fahrenheit, dichlor as the type of chemical, and ideal chlorine level of 3ppm.
- For free chlorine levels of 0.00 - 0.50, the calculated number of teaspoons required is 1.2.
- For free chlorine levels of 0.75 - 2.00, the calculated number of teaspoons required is 0.6.
- The calculator did not return any suggested values for free chlorine levels of 2.25 - 2.75.
- Calculateme was used to convert the calculated required quantities of chlorine from ounces to teaspoons.
In order to fill out the hot tub chemical usage chart for chlorine, we searched for information from industry publications and related media articles such as Hunker, Scarritt, and Backyardboss. However, these sources only discussed how to use chlorine in hot tubs. We proceeded to look in several hot tub user manuals but we couldn't find the details required. The Pool Calculator app was used as it provided all the provided criteria to calculate the required number of teaspoons for the different free chlorine levels for a hot tub. The calculated required quantities of chlorine were converted from ounces to teaspoons using Calculateme.